• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Console restore

monaco75

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone restored their center consoles before? I've got a console to restore. It looks pretty straight forward. Tear off old carpet, and vinyl, then glue on new? How about the shifter? Re paint?

Just looking for any tips, tricks, or info. Not a whole lot on these in google land. Mainly just the older styles.

I can't remember who but someone was re-poping the padded lids and locks for the 75-up console.

I found that post last night. Looks like ABC is repopping them. They arn't covered in vinyl like original though. Just abs plastic I think?

I refurbished a centre console. Cigarette burns in the tray were repaired by a guy that does custom work for boats to make smooth. I then repainted the whole console with vinyl paint. Put new carpet in car including the skirt for the console and the doors. Used double sided tape initially but it didn't hold in the summer heat. Reattached skirt and door inserts with a glue used by custom radio shops. Was put onto this when I had speakers mounted in the door. Sorry but I don't have a brand name for you.

Sounds good! Do you have any pics? The vinyl on mine is beyond saving. Needs to be completely re wrapped. Luckily I have a few yards of new carpet to make new skirts. Do these glue down to the carpet of the car, or just rest over it?

Sounds good! Do you have any pics? The vinyl on mine is beyond saving. Needs to be completely re wrapped. Luckily I have a few yards of new carpet to make new skirts. Do these glue down to the carpet of the car, or just rest over it?

Here are some pics. Is better than it looks in photos as car is in storage and somewhat dusty. Car originally had a green interior. When I ordered the new carpet, I ordered an extra yard of the some material for the door inserts and skirt for the console. I used the old material as a pattern when I cut the material to fit. Glue is applied to the console flange only and rests over the floor carpet.

IMG_132_Jan_15_2016.jpgIMG_133_Jan_15_2016.jpgIMG_134_Jan_15_2016.jpg

Those door panels are beautiful! Did you just dye them? Or change em out?

I've got severàl yards of carpet to make the inserts, and console bottom out of. I need to get some vinyl dye for the interior, as its pretty fadded.

Those door panels are beautiful! Did you just dye them? Or change em out?

I've got severàl yards of carpet to make the inserts, and console bottom out of. I need to get some vinyl dye for the interior, as its pretty fadded.

The original car was green with a white interior. The door panels were white, I took them apart and repainted the white pieces with white vinyl paint. There is much more info on this thread. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?54856-My-New-Doba/page3

There is another guy who does the console lids, but I'll have to look up his website. Does alot of off-demand stuff, such as C-body parts. Not Murry Park either.

Auto Transport Service
Back