• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certicard

TBONE

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to decode a certicard? I know how to decode the vin on the first line, wondering about the second. Its from a 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite. Here it is P6F TT1 T5 SA I006. Thanks!

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Certicards/

This is a break down of my certicard..

the vehicle CERTICARD was placed inside the glove compartment and in 1966 -68 it was moved to a special black plastic holder (Part # 2579740) that was in engine compartment.

The CERTICARD identified the vehicle VIN number, select option codes and the original owners name and address for warranty purposes.
On the Certicard, the top line is the VIN:
RS23 = Plymouth GTX L= 440 engine 7= Model year 1967 1=Assembly plant = Lynch Road, Detroit, MI 159220= Sequence number
Line two of Certicard: P6X= interior code= Sport;vinyl bucket seats; black GG1= exterior color = Forrest Green T3= transmission code= Manual SG= this would be SA meaning standard axle meaning no Sure Grip I20I= Scheduled production date. The "I" was used for a "1" so this means 10 (October) 29th.

P6F=interior code Sport;vinyl bucket seats TT1 = medium copper metalic T5= tranny = automatic SA meaning standard axle meaning no Sure Grip I006 Production date

Attachments

• certicards_02s.jpg
    certicards_02s.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 540
Thanks POPS. Everything was right on except the TT1. In 68 it was avocado green. Sounds like you have a nice GTX! Thanks again.

JIM BUFFINGTON did the final inspection on your car most likely, now deceased. December of 68 i left the line, and got Drafted, only to return in 72 and keep my seniority and back pay. LINE NUMBER 3...

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Certicards/

This is a break down of my certicard..

the vehicle CERTICARD was placed inside the glove compartment and in 1966 -68 it was moved to a special black plastic holder (Part # 2579740) that was in engine compartment.

The CERTICARD identified the vehicle VIN number, select option codes and the original owners name and address for warranty purposes.
On the Certicard, the top line is the VIN:
RS23 = Plymouth GTX L= 440 engine 7= Model year 1967 1=Assembly plant = Lynch Road, Detroit, MI 159220= Sequence number
Line two of Certicard: P6X= interior code= Sport;vinyl bucket seats; black GG1= exterior color = Forrest Green T3= transmission code= Manual SG= this would be SA meaning standard axle meaning no Sure Grip I20I= Scheduled production date. The "I" was used for a "1" so this means 10 (October) 29th.

P6F=interior code Sport;vinyl bucket seats TT1 = medium copper metalic T5= tranny = automatic SA meaning standard axle meaning no Sure Grip I006 Production date

Hey pops1967gtx I see you are from Monroe county. I live in Greece. Did not know we were neighbors.

Thanks for the info Myke. So you may have worked on my car. Thats cool. You must have seen some nice cars come down the line. By anychance do you have any old photos of the factory when you worked there?

Auto Transport Service
Back