• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger Rear Window Defogger

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I have seen a real one in a car, and an acquaintance sent me pictures. They were over the counter dealer installed.
B4367CF9-CF05-46EC-80CC-E83AF0688CE5.jpeg
1ABB27A4-D8B7-4C02-82CA-4260EA235B71.jpeg BBE500EF-A68D-4A6C-8C33-7F174519A3EA.jpeg

Cool, that wouldn't be too hard to duplicate. I would think you could piece a kit together from all the cool crap you can get from vintage air.
I think I even have a spare e-body rear defrost. I guess the motor would have to go behind the tire well.

Cool, that wouldn't be too hard to duplicate. I would think you could piece a kit together from all the cool crap you can get from vintage air.
I think I even have a spare e-body rear defrost. I guess the motor would have to go behind the tire well.
Looks like the motor is in the side panel I think.

I have seen a real one in a car, and an acquaintance sent me pictures. They were over the counter dealer installed.

I have seen a few of the rear window defogger systems as well, and the one you have pictured isn't one of them. The air outlet is supposed to be about half as wide, and the air blower inlet is behind the sail panel in the round indentation on the back of the panel with the round grill on the carpet. Blower switch is to the left of the headlight hold open switch in the dash

Bryan

I have seen a few of the rear window defogger systems as well, and the one you have pictured isn't one of them. The air outlet is supposed to be about half as wide, and the air blower inlet is behind the sail panel in the round indentation on the back of the panel with the round grill on the carpet. Blower switch is to the left of the headlight hold open switch in the dash

Bryan
This one is in the sail panel as pictured. Don’t know if it is correct, but it is there. Came out of a 67 that had one headrest.

This one is in the sail panel as pictured. Don’t know if it is correct, but it is there. Came out of a 67 that had one headrest.

As I said, it's not correct....I finally found the picture of where the switch is located in the dash, but I'm still going through all my hard drives looking for the picture of the rear sail panel showing the defogger unit

Auto Transport Service
Back