• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chargers for sale by crack addicts

Dukes of Hazzard and dirt “hobby stock” tracks created a shortage over the years!!

Dukes of Hazzard and dirt “hobby stock” tracks created a shortage over the years!!
The actual tv show probably didn't; they used up about 1/3 of one percent of all '69 Chargers for that show over the years.

More so with the latter.
Sources say less than 400 Chargers went to the crusher from the Dukes show.

More so with the latter.
Sources say less than 400 Chargers went to the crusher from the Dukes show.

According to the stuntmen,329 Chargers were destroyed when filming wrapped. Probably another 50 in the two television movies,and the 2005 film. Hundreds more by backyard Dukes of Hazzard wannabes and at the Dukesfest events.

When you buy a car from out west,in the dry climate, like Arizona or California,cars with that much rot rust and metal needing replacement, turn you right off just thinking about what it would take to bring something that far gone back from the dead! Don't get me wrong, I am extactic that the sheet metal is available and it can be done, but I am not feeling doing it. I guess I have gotten spoiled by western cars. I still have a few New England rust buckets to fix,but none of them are that far gone.

Last edited:
The actual tv show probably didn't; they used up about 1/3 of one percent of all '69 Chargers for that show over the years.
I’ll bet thousands died on the dirt tracks across the country. Lots of good cars died there. Including at least one ’ 64 max wedge Belvedere . I remember I once had the chance to buy a rust free ‘71 cuda roller for $175 and like an idiot I passed due to space. The next time I saw it was on a trailer headed to the local dirt track with the shaker hood still on it!! Needless to say the high speed demo-derby action killed the Cuda pretty quick

These crackheads are popping up everywhere in Canada lately. Notice the seller’s name is “captain sensible”.
1969 dodge charger | Classic Cars | Pembroke | Kijiji

IMG_2510.png

I’ll bet thousands died on the dirt tracks across the country. Lots of good cars died there. Including at least one ’ 64 max wedge Belvedere . I remember I once had the chance to buy a rust free ‘71 cuda roller for $175 and like an idiot I passed due to space. The next time I saw it was on a trailer headed to the local dirt track with the shaker hood still on it!! Needless to say the high speed demo-derby action killed the Cuda pretty quick
Rust and trees or the occasional pole probably killed more of ‘em where I live.

Was wondering how well the 68 side marker "lights" were working with the 69 side marker "reflectors" since it is a daily driver. Might be a wee bit of an issue there

Not a car for sale but this is related and certainly involves a crack addict.
I posted a wanted ad on kijiji for a 69 charger grille centre section and finally got a bite….

IMG_2551.png

IMG_2552.png

Auto Transport Service
Back