• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlie Quarters

@65satelliteman
Charlie, the '70 Plymouth steering wheels, like the one that Mike Cook is inquiring about, are textured, do you have a way to recreate that texture? I'm just curious because I don't know of anyone that has figured out how to recreate that and if you could, or have, figured that out, you would be the go-to guy for the people with 1970 Plymouth wheels. Pristeen textured wheels are as rare as hens' teeth, even the ones that aren't cracked the texture is worn off where the driver holds the wheel.

Did mine years ago and still looks good.
A nice person to do business with.

Geetex----Yes I can texture the finish on the steering wheels and have already done so many times. It might not be quite as accurate as the factory texture, but I have not had any complaints about it yet.

Geetex----Yes I can texture the finish on the steering wheels and have already done so many times. It might not be quite as accurate as the factory texture, but I have not had any complaints about it yet.
Thanks, that's great to know, if you don't mind I'll pass the word around to anyone that's looking.

Geetex-----You can refer me to anyone needing a steering wheel restored, but keep in mind that I'm 71 years old & if I get a big run on steering wheel restorations I just can't keep up with fast turn arounds. I usually have at least 40 hours of my time and material into each and every one of these steering wheel restorations. Over the years I've been able to keep my prices on the lower end of steering wheel restorations, but with the continued increases in the product costs that I need to do these, my price will have to go up slightly starting now. I've tried to keep prices lower just to keep me involved in this wonderful hobby that I've devoted my life to, but I just can't spend all of the necessary time required for nothing either. I restored mostly early B-body cars for over 45 years, until two serious back surgeries put an end to me being able to continue to due whole cars anymore. I did own five 1969 Road Runners, three Challengers, a couple Darts, a couple Chargers, a couple Dusters and a few other newer than 1967 cars though. Besides doing professional steering wheel restorations worldwide for over 28 years, I'm also selling off all the thousands of nice old Mopar parts out of my long held private parts stash and some are even NOS parts still. Take Care and Best Wishes to all you FBBO Members, Charlie.

T
Beautiful Sport Fury, Dave. I always enjoy seeing pictures of it. I hope to have my '64 Polara hardtop out this year.
Thanks Dave. Hope you do and enjoy every minute!
Beautiful Sport Fury, Dave. I always enjoy seeing pictures of it. I hope to have my '64 Polara hardtop out this year.

Geetex-----You can refer me to anyone needing a steering wheel restored, but keep in mind that I'm 71 years old & if I get a big run on steering wheel restorations I just can't keep up with fast turn arounds. I usually have at least 40 hours of my time and material into each and every one of these steering wheel restorations. Over the years I've been able to keep my prices on the lower end of steering wheel restorations, but with the continued increases in the product costs that I need to do these, my price will have to go up slightly starting now. I've tried to keep prices lower just to keep me involved in this wonderful hobby that I've devoted my life to, but I just can't spend all of the necessary time required for nothing either. I restored mostly early B-body cars for over 45 years, until two serious back surgeries put an end to me being able to continue to due whole cars anymore. I did own five 1969 Road Runners, three Challengers, a couple Darts, a couple Chargers, a couple Dusters and a few other newer than 1967 cars though. Besides doing professional steering wheel restorations worldwide for over 28 years, I'm also selling off all the thousands of nice old Mopar parts out of my long held private parts stash and some are even NOS parts still. Take Care and Best Wishes to all you FBBO Members, Charlie.
Charlie, you sound like a man worth knowing. Thank you for all that you've done, are doing, and have yet to do for this hobby.

Auto Transport Service
Back