• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chasing classic cars

alsant

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
I was waiting for my baggage at midway airport in chicago when Wayne Carimi walks up from the next flight for his luggage . Well I said hello and I must say he was a very nice guy and I asked him if he would put more mopars on his show and of course he laughed and said he would try.

His blood is too rich for Mopars.

never heard of it or him. is this another "reality" car show?

Yeah I know ,that's why he laughed. I was just in your neck of the woods and actually got time to go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island , really enjoyed that.

His blood is too rich for Mopars.

Thats not true. Although the ones he does deal with are the cream of the crop. Hemi e bodies and such. I enjoy his show. He has introduced me to cars I never heard of before. Zero drama show and the old man he has for a wrench is hilarious.

Thats not true. Although the ones he does deal with are the cream of the crop. Hemi e bodies and such. I enjoy his show. He has introduced me to cars I never heard of before. Zero drama show and the old man he has for a wrench is hilarious.

I agree. Most of the cars he deals with I have no interest in, but I truly enjoy the show. In my opinion, it's one of the best car shows out there.

I watch the show all the time. I don't know if I like the guy or not. He seems nice but also smug.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know ,that's why he laughed. I was just in your neck of the woods and actually got time to go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island , really enjoyed that.

I live in my neck of the woods and have never been to the statue of liberty. Huh.

Chasing Cars is alright, no car carb fires or grinding sparks...I watch Roadkill on Motor Trends UTube channel, it's more like something you would do with your friends, not trying to get rich flipping cars for profit.

Wayne deals with a segment of the car collector world that does the pebble beach concour d'elegance shows. Like rc said, I have no real interest in most of the cars, but he makes it interesting. The show usually revolves around digging a car out of a garage, cleaning it up and him taking it to auction for his client. He does it the right way. Not like *** monkey playing around at low end auctions losing his ***

I agree that this show is proof that a no BS formula car show can be successful.

There WAS an episode where he passed on a 72 440 rallye Charger (that looked mostly complete and solid), a rusty E body Cuda and a Shelby car of some sort. Didn't seem too interested at all, and didn't even really look at them.

Seems like there was a VERY similar show with Corky Coker (who kina looks like Wayne), but dealing with 40s to 70s cars.
(Although Corky kept most of them)

Wayne does get some very cool cars.
My favorites are the Fiat (Ferrari) Dino's.

I wouldn't be interested in owning most of the cars on his show but I do like watching. I like learning about autos I don't know anything about. Like has been said there is no drama and no garbage can throwing on his show. He is professional and seems like a nice guy.

Agreed one of the better shows.... what bothers me about him is he will try and start everything.... if it has sat for 100 years his first step is to see if it would run... rather than pulling everything apart and starting it from a fresh rebuild.... some cars are so compelling they shouldn't be made to run... just left in there found state... for this he takes away from the preservation.... he has high taste with shade tree practices.

If it doesn't run, it's a pile of scrap iron not a car. It's better to see if the engine runs as is before ripping it apart and rebuilding. Remember, it's only original once.

He's the type of car guy that seems like he's a little too High Brow for the muscle car crowd,
at-least it has no added fake drama, very little product plugs either...

He's the Ferrari, Lambo, Bugatti, Mercedes-Benz, Maserati, Duesenberg, Jaguar, Porsche, etc.,
hi-$$$ auctions/collector market, hoity toidy champaign sippen' crowd

His Company is named F-40 should say allot
& I like the ol'guy/mechanic that does allot of the work too,

Wayne's a very knowledgeable brass era guy "MOSTLY",
from allot of the shows I've seen

But sometimes he throws in a Cobra or 30's-40's vintage car or a Hot rod,
or hand-built/coach builder specialty car, a couple of times,
even a few vintage hi-$$$ racecars here & there, not really any muscle cars, that I've seen anyway...

I still watch thou, I like seeing different cars,
even if I'm not interested in owning any of them or couldn't afford most of them either...

I saw an episode where he sold an early 60's impala for a lady. Another one where he held a guys hand while he purchased a yenko camaro. There was another episode with him in a 70 hemi challenger 4 speed car. I think he was selling it for a client. When you get into that end of the spectrum there is a need for guys that do what he does. When he comes across cars that are not in h is wheel house he takes a pass. Like the episode with the mopars. A 3rd gen charger. A rusted out 318 barracuda e body and a shadow csx iirc. He is not in the business of restoring these kinds of cars. He saw no benefit to trying to move them. It wasn't for him and he took a pass. Smart business move on his part. He wasn't a dick about it.

If it doesn't run, it's a pile of scrap iron not a car. It's better to see if the engine runs as is before ripping it apart and rebuilding. Remember, it's only original once.

40 year old oil and questionable seized parts.... I can make anything run.... I don't need to hear it run till it's ready to run... I start out with what is there and make it better.... and sure there is the odd occasion where an engine has sat and was run without problems for a long time... but for the price of gaskets and some hard parts... why be lazy and cheap.... I have found stuff in the engine that made me glad I didn't turn or run it... from kids toys to carb bolts etc...

Auto Transport Service
Back