• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checking for allergies on a horse.

SteveSS

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
You guys know my daughter is a vet nurse specializing in allergy medicine. They had to check a horse today and she sent pictures. Not pretty just warning you. They had to sedate the horse to the point where he was still standing but very relaxed. Then they shaved a rectangle in his neck and injected small doses of all the allergens he might react to. The ones that swell up are the problems. The bad news this horse is allergic to a lot of them. I just thought it was interesting. She said she had to wear her cowboy boots I bought her because Mr. Horse was dancing around quite a bit and getting stomped hurts! Now they know what medicines will work.

horse.jpg

It’s done to humans that way too. Happened to me when I was 7 and it was done on my back.

Huh, I didn't know. I'm not allergic to anything, not even poison ivy.

It’s done to humans that way too. Happened to me when I was 7 and it was done on my back.

My daughter had it done when she was 10. Looked like she was allergic to everything. When I thought about it, I was probably allergic to just as many, in a small way.

They started her on steroids and other meds and it turned her into the devil. Had to take her off of all of it and just let her put up with having sniffles. I think it's a racket.

I ended up taking 1 pill every day till I was about 12-13. I forgot 1 day and that led to 2, then 3, then a week, a month and my mom saw the pills were still full and asked if I’d been taking them, I said no. That was the end of those. My dad said that he thought they were useless for a kid who didn’t stop playing til it was time for bed.

what is the deal with girls and horses! My cousin Dr. Bonnie Mallard "now" was always around horses from the time she was 10 yrs old. It's taken her a long long way!
congrats to your daughter and get her to google Bonnie it might give her extra incentive to reach farther!

The reason I figured you guys knew about her specialty is I've had her answer some of your pet questions.

Auto Transport Service
Back