• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's good to have a veterinarian nurse in the family.

SteveSS

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
The older Newfie had peed inside a few times and I thought she was just getting old. My daughter the nurse said let's check her for a UTI. I drove up to Denver today and she brought me in through a side door. The waiting line in the ER was an hour and a half. They had the labs done and the meds prescribed in 20 minutes. She did have a urinary tract infection. I paid 60 bucks for the meds in what she told me would have been a $400 visit.

She specializes in allergies and genetics of pregnant dogs and their puppies, (I forget the name of the discipline, it's a 5 syllable word.) but if you have any general questions ask them here and I'll try to get answers for you. Little Bear weighed in at 157 pounds, she's lost 8 pounds.
123.jpg

My parents 5 yr. old cat passed away unexpectedly and her blood work came back normal. Two months prior the cat had symptoms of a stroke or a seizure. The ER vet said everything checked out fine. Their regular vet said the cat’s blood work came back normal, no signs of heart disease or diabetes. Their cat’s mother and father and siblings are all healthy. No signs of poisoning or pain. Maybe your daughter might know of what other things that it could be? Thanks Steve.

Our Vet down the road , literally about 15 minutes away that we have been using for the last 25 years on all our Siberian Huskies chained up his doors and left a message on voicemail if you needed paperwork to leave a message - Found out last week when I pulled in the parking lot

Now the fun begins - Min a month wait locally - Almost double the prices for normal shots

And all our Huskies are rescue dogs over the years

Never ends man

Here are the answers I got. She was talking fast so this is what I remember. On the cat, she said it could be 100 different things. The blood work only shows kidney/stomach stuff. Not heart or lung issues. Most likely a heart attack or a pulmonary embolism. The only way to tell was to do a necropsy.

She said a lot of vets closed their doors, especially after Covid because of rude customers. I hear stories from her where the clients are CRAZY! Like every other day. Not saying you're rude but a lot are.

As an outsider, I know our pets can be like our children. I've never been this way. I guess I've had so many pets in my life I start out knowing I will outlive them.

We have a world class vet. Since Covid ,no customers allowed into the office until their appointment. At that point ,you are ushered immediately into a private room . Our vet makes house calls ,doesn't charge extra for it . When it's our dogs' birthday we get a card personally signed by all the staff .

Ruby with a deer leg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back