• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas Present to my Wife

Hard act for the rest of us to follow, but you've sure set a great example on multiple fronts. Wishing you both the best possible outcome.

Ed covered my thoughts pretty well... Hoping for a full & speedy recovery.... And you done good in the gift department..... Ya know, Diamonds woulda been cheaper... And most women love Diamonds...
Yes I know, you’re right. A couple of things to consider: The amount of money didn’t go into my thought process. And yes diamonds are less expensive, and they‘re beautiful to some, but they’re also cold and hard and don't represent life. Diamonds don’t have a heart. Whereas metaphorically speaking this luxury road Jet is beautiful, has an amazing heartbeat and roars with life. My wife is a conservative lady who doesn’t care much for diamonds but has harbored a great secret desire for a BMW of this ilk. She never said anything and never really expected to get anything like it - but when you know your wife - you know your wife - I’m sure you get that. We don’t know how many tomorrows we have - hopefully many. But I never want to feel a twinge of regret for not completing a simple earthly dream of hers while I have the chance. Tomorrow it may not matter. She asks for very little and to me and others she gives so much. So for now this was my way of helping that dream along a little bit …….

Agree! F@ck cancer. My wife and I are both cancer survivors. Her; lung cancer. Me; colon cancer. She never smoked; Me, I never had a cigarette up my a$$. Luckily, with us the cancer was detected early. My wife lost a lobe off one lung. I had my appendix and about a foot of exhaust pipe removed. No chemo or radiation for either of us. We count our blessings daily.
Cancer is a horrible disease with no respect for human life. I have lost a few friends to it and HATE it. Stay strong for your wife; she needs you now more than ever.
Yeah, most of my family losses have been to cancer - and of course, for whatever inconceivable reason, I've managed
to survive it no less than six times myself (with yes, more than a few chunks missing in the process).

I can't think of something more purely evil than cancer and I've admittedly got some fundamental problems with
its' existence coinciding with our being alive on the planet created by Him.
That part makes no sense to me at all - so if I actually manage to con my way Upstairs in the end, He's gonna get
grilled on the subject. Bet on it.

Yes I know, you’re right. A couple of things to consider: The amount of money didn’t go into my thought process. And yes diamonds are less expensive, and they‘re beautiful to some, but they’re also cold and hard and don't represent life. Diamonds don’t have a heart. Whereas metaphorically speaking this luxury road Jet is beautiful, has an amazing heartbeat and roars with life. My wife is a conservative lady who doesn’t care much for diamonds but has harbored a great secret desire for a BMW of this ilk. She never said anything and never really expected to get anything like it - but when you know your wife - you know your wife - I’m sure you get that. We don’t know how many tomorrows we have - hopefully many. But I never want to feel a twinge of regret for not completing a simple earthly dream of hers while I have the chance. Tomorrow it may not matter. She asks for very little and to me and others she gives so much. So for now this was my way of helping that dream along a little bit …….
Very well stated.... Hope she enjoys it for many years to come..

Being a man I've never had much of an understanding of some women's desire for fancy rocks... The woman I've spent my last 27 years with has never cared about rocks but she's always wanted a Porsche 356 Cab...Should have bought her one twenty five years ago cause today the only way that's gonna happen is if I win the lotto or start a Go Fund Me...

.....or start a GO Fund ME...

I will start with a Toonie donation. Canadian 2$ coin. Almost worthless here. Absolutely worthless anywhere else. LOL Merry Christmas, however.

Merry Christmas, wishing your wife a speedy recovery. God bless.

Very well stated.... Hope she enjoys it for many years to come..

Being a man I've never had much of an understanding of some women's desire for fancy rocks... The woman I've spent my last 27 years with has never cared about rocks but she's always wanted a Porsche 356 Cab...Should have bought her one twenty five years ago cause today the only way that's gonna happen is if I win the lotto or start a Go Fund Me...
I have a stack of $2 bills that I‘ve been collecting for no reason over the years. I’ll be the first to donate to your Go Fund Me acct with one of my collection…. The rest is up to you. I’m tapped for now…. Lol

My wife had an hysterectomy last month and I post a similar tread for her gift ( a Mazda cx 5 s grand touring) the smile and gratitude of your wife is priceless wish you both the best? hard times are coming, stay focus and stay strong my friend, you are her rock.

All the Best for your Spouse. Why buy her an ugly BMTroubleyou that looks like everything else on the Planet. Technology or not. Linda had no choice either, but loves the 300C. Fast, Red, thirsty, and heavy. With just enough technology.

3824E5C2-8049-43A7-B229-3074D98351C9.jpeg

About $20k less, 100 more HP, and MUCH less depreciation.

Last edited:
Here is a nice selection of Boxes. Wheels and color won’t help much. Or get a Sedan. The Stellantis Giulia placed the B Pillar just about right in the middle of the front doors for an inconvenient Italian/French exit.

AA9C5757-858F-4088-A7F8-DD2BEBD4866A.png

Not much more I can extend to your wife and you that hasn’t already been nicely said from our fellow members. ALL the best for your wife going forward and thoughts and prayers for her enjoying her new ride for years and years.

Here is a nice selection of Boxes. Wheels and color won’t help much. Or get a Sedan. The Stellantis Giulia placed the B Pillar just about right in the middle of the front doors for an inconvenient Italian/French exit.

View attachment 1583150
I see you like ripping on other folks cars. As if some how that makes that titanic pos you’re driving attractive. Truth is I only see pimps and such cruising the scene with those boats. And you say 100 more hp than the X6 - well I guess that old steam engine must be pulling 475+ hp then - Not. I‘d love to see ”it” putting a move on anything more sophisticated than the Edmund Fitzgerald……. Class is earned not given……. Go take a nap…

2023 Chrysler "C" has 485 hp. 392 in it. Limited Edition; 2000 for U.S., 200 for Canada. Friend of mine has one. Choice of vehicle is a very personal thing, based on many factors. Choose well and enjoy what you have, because it is a big investment. If we all liked the same thing, we would all be riding around in my Grand Cherokee. Let's all have a happy New Year.

P4120006.JPG

I was just wondering on how your wife is doing. Hope all is well.

I was just wondering on how your wife is doing. Hope all is well.
Thank you for asking Brother. She’s now about 10 months post stem cell transplant at Cedars Sinai. She’s got her one yr PET scan coming up in April - They call it her “birthday”. She’s doing well. All her labs and scans have been good. She’s now on the part of the program where she’ll be receiving 15 months of vaccinations to rebuild her immune system. Back at work as an RN. It can’t work in the hospital of w/patients until she’s all completed. So they have her in an admin building doing admin work which she doesn’t like - but necessary. Thanks again - we feel very blessed and hope for continued recovery and no more returns……. Thx again for remembering and asking!

Thank the Lord,I am happy for you. Hope her aka birthday gos well. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back