• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome and trim and AC refurbishing - 67 GTX

67GTX440

Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Dropped of the bumpers at Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne, FL. $475 each include straightening. I thought the back looked great. The chrome guy looked at it and said "If you like a roller coaster". They are doing trim ring for $135 and horn button for $45. 12 week turnaround.

Headlight bezels off to King of Trim in CA. Quote from pictures was $500 for the pair and one looked pretty decent and the other had a few minor dents and a missing screw mount. 6-8 week turnaround.

Classis Air in restoring under dash heat/AC and dash push button controls for about $1,200 and the complete underhood new kit is $800. 6-8 week turnaround.

Damn, this car is going to break me. I am now thinking I will end up with 50K in a 30K car.

Doing full length quarter patch panels with the new paint job. Both wheel wells had had the inner lip cut for tire clearance by some prior owner.

I promised the car I would bring it back to its former glory. It is getting there. Only had it since Thanksgiving, and hope to have it done by Thanksgiving for Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.

Dropped of the bumpers at Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne, FL. $475 each include straightening. I thought the back looked great. The chrome guy looked at it and said "If you like a roller coaster". They are doing trim ring for $135 and horn button for $45. 12 week turnaround.

<snip>
I promised the car I would bring it back to its former glory. It is getting there. Only had it since Thanksgiving, and hope to have it done by Thanksgiving for Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.

FWIW, those prices are very close to what we were quoted in So CA. As for the high cost, I feel your pain. I mean, I really do. :yes:

Zancat

Had my chrome work done at Advance Plating even though Spacecoast Plating is closer to me. Both Spacecoast and Pauls Chrome were way more expensive. Very pleased with the job Advance did.

Wait until you do the grill and the trunk panel - those cost me a fortune from AllTrim years ago. Now the rear panel is reproduced. The rear tailight bezel repros are also a bargain compared to restoring originals.

Had my chrome work done at Advance Plating even though Spacecoast Plating is closer to me. Both Spacecoast and Pauls Chrome were way more expensive. Very pleased with the job Advance did.

They sold me when they told me they did the dash knobs and horn ring on the space shuttle! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Wait until you do the grill and the trunk panel - those cost me a fortune from AllTrim years ago. Now the rear panel is reproduced. The rear tailight bezel repros are also a bargain compared to restoring originals.

I bought the reproduction tail light bezels, lenses and trunk panel. My grill is surprisingly decent considering I have either replaced or refinished everything else on the outside of the car. The only piece I am still short is the right door panel lower chrome trim. Mine was decent and had all the back clips, but somebody drilled a hole in one end and added a screw at some time just to make certain it did not fall off. If cars could talk they would say "ouch" and "why did you do that to me?"

Chrome is a very expensive deal all over today. Very few left and the ones who are get their price. Industrial Platters make very little money on the other hand compared to Auto Trim restorers. The Chemistry is dangerous, replating is labor intensive and thats the way it is today.

Chrome is a very expensive deal all over today. Very few left and the ones who are get their price. Industrial Platters make very little money on the other hand compared to Auto Trim restorers. The Chemistry is dangerous, replating is labor intensive and thats the way it is today.

Plus the EPA is all over these guys. You just can't dump the chemicals in the ditch out back any more. I wonder if Bumper Boys trucks their stuff over to Mexico for plating and then back to the US for shipping. NAFTA at its finest!

Auto Transport Service
Back