• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oct

Chrysler Convention, Vernon CT 10/8

The Rebel

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
The Rebel added a new event:

Chrysler Convention, Vernon CT 10/1

Was supposed to be today but rain cancelled the event. Buddy of mine told me about it & hopefully next weekend the weather will be better.

Read more about this event...

Mopars In Motion is having their “end of the car show season” club party that day too, so I will likely be going to that instead. You have to rsvp by tomorrow on the 25th. Sucks too cause there are LOTS of events going on that day. I hear the Chrysler Convention used to be good and the go to event with lots of cars, then it died down with very few cars because they made it into an “invitation only” type show, now I hear the car count is back up again. Have fun to whoever goes, and please post some pictures.

That show was really great under Northeast Mighty Mopar and was very popular. Then there was an incident or two or three concerning judging. Then NEMM dissolved. Then the DARTS era which started out ok until some falling out and the numbers fell off. The current phase.the organizer means well but the show often duplicates other events nearby and the turnout is not what it was though every once in awhile it turns out ok. Still some who won't return or have moved or passed on. Undecided if I will go or not. Hard to get excited about. The simsbury fly in is the same date but it takes a lot of patience with the logistics due to the amount of the attendees. Vernon is easy in easy out. Except when you arrive.

The wethersfield event(s) were invite only and didn't work.

One of my buddies told me about the show last year but I was not able to go. He reminded me this year and due to the rain this weekend it was washed out but hoping for good weather next weekend.

I registered to go today and spoke to the one of the organizers for a while this afternoon. Lot is about 80% full and they assign you a spot on the field. Pre-registering is the way to go as at some point there is a cut off and no spots are left.

I'm really looking forward to it & will post picture & my thoughts on it.

Postponed due to rain all week and a muddy field.

Now next Sunday 10/1

Show is on tomorrow!

Son of a….. Of course I got plans again this weekend :BangHead:, I’m at the Harwinton Fair this weekend showing my lawn tractors as that’s my other interest besides cars and I gotta pick them up tomorrow…..

94CA0805-7068-40F0-BEE3-F3D3E371E345.jpeg

Oh well maybe next year. Have fun to whoever goes, please post some pictures :thumbsup:

Have fun Eric. Pic to come later today

Sun is out, finally and field is being set up as we speak.

IMG_20231008_093017.jpg

IMG_20231008_092931.jpg

IMG_20231008_092914.jpg

IMG_20231008_092852.jpg

IMG_20231008_092843.jpg

IMG_20231008_092225.jpg

IMG_20231008_092157.jpg

IMG_20231008_092134.jpg

IMG_20231008_092047.jpg

IMG_20231008_092021.jpg

Some really nice cars there so far but what happen to the show being parked on the lawn, or are those cars just waiting to go on the lawn?

Interesting show. There's a flea bag hotel a few hundred feet from the show. EMS has come 2x. Had person passed out drunk in the grass right across the street. Taken away to the ER.

Auto Transport Service
Back