• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Engine "Reman" and Warranty Tags

Macdon221

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

See photos.

These round tags are on engines that were supposedly “warranty” blocks. One has a blank “data stamp pad”...one has markings on the “data stamp” pad like any other engine.

What were the parameters of these round tags? Under what circumstances were they sent to these local plants for a “reman”? What do the model numbers signify...the coding?

Also see the photo from a 3rd engine which has a true warranty block square tag. Does anyone have a photo of a better condition tag to see all the writing? Also what do the numbers engraved signify?

Appreciate any info. Really enjoying learning about these old numbers!

38945E96-9F81-49E0-A954-CAAA2F387308.jpeg 57142913-4DFA-4B2D-AAA8-7D666C12F50C.jpeg 0ADB0B39-D4DD-4532-B520-1A5F4771E294.jpeg

Bumping this back up. This could be quite a fascinating topic if some of the experts
would chime in here!

I purchased a 440 short block from Ontario Reman through the local Dodge dealership back in the early 80's. Even got a new forged crank for an extra $80. I believe it cost about $700 all in. Gave them back a 383 core. They didn't seem to notice. Back then it was a quick way for me to get a 440.

I agree.

Someone has to know the parameters of these remans and official warranty engines.

Last conversation I had (on this site) was that the actual reference numbers are poorly documented.

I have a '76 warranty 318 with no VIN on the pan rail, and a circa '68 warranty 318 with a nice tag on the front of the block including legible text and numbers.

Pics are in the other thread.

A member repo'd the square one. Can't think who, used Calvin of Calvin and Hobbs as his Avatar. He might know but haven't seen him post lately.

Is there any documentation of what the engraved numbers on the square tags mean?

From reading the other threads only thing I found was that the “S0302” was on hemi tags.

The book in the above post is neat. It did reference “302” as the Hemi tag but no reference for a 440 or 383. “Beavis” references “0299” as the 440.

Any other examples of what the “301” tag means like I posted?

The book in the above post is neat. It did reference “302” as the Hemi tag but no reference for a 440 or 383. “Beavis” references “0299” as the 440.

Any other examples of what the “301” tag means like I posted?
Maybe PM him because he's a sporadic at being hear. When he logs in he'll probably look at that rather than an alerts.

if i remember correctly, the book does not have the number for 440 block, someone who has an original gave me the number.

ok...Thanks for chiming in....then the 440 block with the 302 number vs the 299 number is still a mystery than. lol

Appreciate the reply

Auto Transport Service
Back