• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler no longer "Chrysler"

...and Fiat is no longer Fiat. But the brands remain and your local dealer will still be happy to sell you a new Chrysler automobile, made by FCA US LLC.

Back in the '90s before the DaimlerChrysler deal, Chrysler was pondering buying out Nissan. I wonder what would have happened if that went through...

who cares anymore. the company that built our pride and joy classic mopars is long gone. As long as i have my old mopars im good to go.

It's an affiliate company. The US is not changing anything. Article also stated some other foreign affiliates will be doing the same in the future.

tumblr_mtrunrurLW1scavl9o2_500.gif

I like the PBR sign in the background!!! The auburn hills headquarters will not be changed...I drive by that all the time.

I care, I think this sux way worse that Daimler not the product but executive staff this whole fiat deal has just taken the last remaining Walter P Chrysler namesake and poofed it into thin air. They will eventually fail in the euro market which is perfect because they lied about even taking mopar there, even worse now they are using the mopar name to sell fiats! The Dodge boys and Walter are turning over in their graves!

I have been told they still have the pentastar on 2015 models on the parts tags so at least that is a win for now.

check it out

https://www.facebook.com/savethepentastar

They are not going to "bring back" the Pentastar emblem. Sooo many things that matter happening in our country and around the world that really have an impact on people and our future; and yet, some seem only to care about a logo. The name is still there. You can still go to a Chrysler dealer. You can still buy little silver or gold-colored Pentastars, if that really matters to you. The last vehicle to actually carry a Pentastar on the fender was the 2000 Town & Country minivan. Fourteen years ago. And NOW it matters that the Pentastar is going away??? Times change. It is time to move on.

The stooges making the decisions are all working out of their realm. It is happening in every Company from the Federal Government on down to the smallest business. I think the problem is the CEO's are clueless and care only about filling their pockets. They don't want the people under them questioning their methods of madness so anyone that does question them, gets moved up the ladder until they are out of their realm and clueless also. So, On and On it Goes. The Dollar makes all of their decisions for them.

They sure got some nerve dropping the Pentastar and the Chrysler name. They use the Dodge boys founding history in the commercials but dumped the companies name and logo. Who is running this circus. I would like to speak to the juggling bear on the unicycle who is in charge. What's next? Maby a clown car compact that seats 20.

I've never like the Pentastar emblem anyway, I've always liked the old style script they used to make the emblems for Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler cars, like on the 1964 Plymouth 426 Wedge Savoy.

PlymouthScript.JPG

They are not going to "bring back" the Pentastar emblem. Sooo many things that matter happening in our country and around the world that really have an impact on people and our future; and yet, some seem only to care about a logo. The name is still there. You can still go to a Chrysler dealer. You can still buy little silver or gold-colored Pentastars, if that really matters to you. The last vehicle to actually carry a Pentastar on the fender was the 2000 Town & Country minivan. Fourteen years ago. And NOW it matters that the Pentastar is going away??? Times change. It is time to move on.

You have half the point down, it matters because things like this are fading fast here in America, yes the star has been gone from the fenders for a long time now, but it's symbolism lived on in print and on the main building. So losing it the rest of the way is what this fight is about as we predicted losing the pentastar lead to this now losing Chrysler all together, never in history has any owner completely dropped the mansake and covered up the identity. If you want to feed the homeless go ahead I do it all the time but I will not stand by whole foreign invaders take our pride back to europe! this is bullshit and if you don't want to stand up and be counted then go back to your ******* hole and die coward!

It's on 2015 models so I am told, I have a 14' Durango and its there so we shall see. They are keeping it on the headquarters building so thats good. Hopefully fiat will just sell the names and release the copyrights to all of it and an American or Canadian can buy it up and re start the whole thing.

Was on the Walter P. Chrysler Museum site and over half the links don't work anymore you get redirected to an error page for fca! those dicks!

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean that Mopar now Fopar?

Yes it means mopar is now a european logo and a performance parts group for fiat not Chrysler anymore not SRT not anything American!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTEThey sure got some nerve dropping the Pentastar and the Chrysler name. They use the Dodge boys founding history in the commercials but dumped the companies name and logo. Who is running this circus. I would like to speak to the juggling bear on the unicycle who is in charge. What's next? Maby a clown car compact that seats 20.][/QUOTE]

Exactly what nerve! They expect us to buy the brand now after murdering our beloved brand and then rubbing it in our faces then taking it all to europe! and we sat here and let a foreign invader take what is ours and run off with it! what's next the american flag!!!

when do we revolt and stop this madness?? when?? anyone??

bigmanjbmopar: Your quote "this is bullshit and if you don't want to stand up and be counted then go back to your ******* hole and die coward!"

You have such a way with words....do you ever wonder why people won't discuss things with you when you spew out words like that? Intimidation only works in person, not from behind a keyboard.

As I read it
It doesn't change the cars American market brands Chrysler Dodge Jeep SRT RAM etc. names, yet !!
just the mothership "Netherlands based Corporate Name FCA LLC", co. name
{Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Limited Liability Corp.}

I was allot more offended when they dropped Plymouth

too bad so sad...

If the Chinese were to buy them out like they are buying everything else would you be proud to buy a CHIPAR. It could happen.
I buy and drive American products and it supports our economy. I will not buy foreign to save a buck. I believe in our Country and want it to be something my children can be proud of. Do your part. Be involved in your community, volunteer your time to make it better for everyone , vote, join the military, help the less fortunate. I have done all of the above and I don't just whine about our county's problems. I'm doing my part to help fix them. Our freedom was not free. A lot of good people fought and died because they believed YOU were worth it.

I care, I think this sux way worse that Daimler not the product but executive staff this whole fiat deal has just taken the last remaining Walter P Chrysler namesake and poofed it into thin air. They will eventually fail in the euro market which is perfect because they lied about even taking mopar there, even worse now they are using the mopar name to sell fiats! The Dodge boys and Walter are turning over in their graves!

I have been told they still have the pentastar on 2015 models on the parts tags so at least that is a win for now.

check it out

https://www.facebook.com/savethepentastar

In advertising spots in our area the pentastar is being used as an adjective to describe an engine e.g. "....equipped with a Pentastar V8". Seems like the pentastar is being has been redeployed.

Auto Transport Service
Back