• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic cars and apartments?

68rrdream

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Just an odd question. I was talking to a coworker and they found it crazy that I was looking for a classic car while living in an apartment. Now, my apartment does have a parking garage with cameras and gated security with guards constantly driving around.

I'm just curious if I am alone in this? It can't be that everyone owns a home here no?

Mind you I live in Miami and though we may rent a home soon we don't have any intent on buying any time soon.

Heck. Why not. I owned my 69 Charger while living in a barracks. That's kind of like an apartment that you are forced to clean every Thursday before Friday morning inspection. And, it too had gated security with armed guards even.

Last edited:
I’m thinking it is all a matter of priorities. I owned 7-8 nice motorcycles while being a renter . Now that I own my house . I don’t feel obligated to save for a house and can spend as much as I want on bikes , boats and old Dodges

I lived in an apartment complex for years, and never thought anything of it, when i owned my 71's.
A Hemi GTX, and a big block Cuda.
Just the way that it was for me, years ago.

My Apartment Complex 001 (Small).jpg

I’m thinking it is all a matter of priorities. I owned 7-8 nice motorcycles while being a renter . Now that I own my house . I don’t feel obligated to save for a house and can spend as much as I want on bikes , boats and old Dodges
Exactly...I think people just assume that is my priority. Our market is just too overpriced right now.

You must be in a good neighborhood. When I lived in an apartment, I came out one morning to find my Charger minus the wheels and tires. It still pisses me off…

You must be in a good neighborhood. When I lived in an apartment, I came out one morning to find my Charger minus the wheels and tires. It still pisses me off…
Well the security and camera helps. I mean I wouldn't consider it if it weren't for that and the garage. Still plan on gps security at least.

I lived in an apartment complex for years, and never thought anything of it, when i owned my 71's.
A Hemi GTX, and a big block Cuda.
Just the way that it was for me, years ago.

View attachment 1418598
Remember about 15 years ago those two brothers that were stealing people's Hemi cars at the Carlisle show? I saw people chaining their cars to those awning posts to prevent those two sh*bags from stealing their cars. We blocked our cars in with our trucks.

Way back I had my charger at the apartment, my room mate had a cuda. The charger got vandalized, but the good part of the story was the room mate warming up his new 440 to go to work in the mornings.
With the new duels backed up straight to our basement neighbors bedroom window lol

You couldn't have classics at an apartment or even at your homes unless locked away in the garage near my hood. Just outside of Detroit.

Remember about 15 years ago those two brothers that were stealing people's Hemi cars at the Carlisle show? I saw people chaining their cars to those awning posts to prevent those two sh*bags from stealing their cars. We blocked our cars in with our trucks.
Have a link to the story? I looked but no luck.

Plan on being able to work on your car when maintenance is needed, which it will need. Does the property rules allow that?

Plan on being able to work on your car when maintenance is needed, which it will need. Does the property rules allow that?
I see people working in their cars with no issues. I have done some minor work on my cars too. I wouldn't change an oil pan there but things like spark plugs won't be an issue. My buddy is opening a new shop soon so then I can work on it there.

I did it but it was 25 plus years ago. Had a 66 Nova and 68 Camaro as an apartment renter in California. Back then classic cars, especially Chevys were relatively cheap compared to now. I had people at work trash talk me for having old cars, a Jeep and a daily driver while living in apartment. People may judge you, but who cares? It’s your life and your money, live it and spend it as you please. I was like you in that I was waiting for housing prices to come down and in the meantime I kept saving my money while also enjoying life and hobbies. The cars turned out to be good enough investments that I used them to sell and add to my housing down payment fund. Plus they were Chevys and not worth keeping anyways!

Auto Transport Service
Back