Classic Industries ... how would YOU handle this?

General Mopar Tech Discussions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chtampa

chtampa FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:41 PM
    The thread you looked at is of my Resto/Retro car and I found it interesting you would call a car with add-on air, 4 wheel disk brakes, radials and a 5.7 Hemi a "second day" car and even commenting on whether it is or isn't OE. The reason I don't post my car is that amateurs like yourself who know everything can't ever be educated as to what is real. I did look at your build thread and since you have opened the opinion box I will give you mine. Painting the trunk floor is a rookie mistake and the amount of repop parts on your car show you have no idea of what OE even means. It is a good rebuild but I quit looking after a few minutes so I could keep this reply short. I know its emotional tie is important to you but suck your chest back in and return to reality. The are no experts and you are not even close. Research is your friend and you haven't obviously haven't read the ICCA book by David Wise or any other books other than the How to restore a B-Body book that came out many years ago. You know some but are not an authority any more than I am, but you are positively not qualified to judge my car and by the way, my resto is closer to an OE than your car is. I am weary of your sniping and you will be better off moving on.

2. 70chall440

70chall440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 PM
    chtampa - just looked at your car and have to say that I am very impressed (not that thats worth anything), but I really like how you combined OE with new/modern, very well executed. I am not a OE guy in the least but I do appreciate what it takes to even make it resemble OE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • dadsbee

dadsbee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Page FIVE... you get that refund yet OP?? Can't believe Classics, a paying sponsor, doesn't monitor the page.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • chtampa

chtampa FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Thank you, of course it means something. I feel my Rallye Green Coupe is a car that I restored to what the factory had built and I just redid it. The convertible is more me and more fun. I "attempted" to meld what I think a RoadRunner that was built in a factory today would look like. The body is almost all original parts I have collected for 35 years. This car I want to drive a lot. Power Tour , etc. I enjoy the double takes it gets when people can't figure out what is strange. This car is truly me. It was more fun to build and I am more proud of it than the 11 Roadrunners I have had before it. I have a hard time taking pictures of it because it makes me feel like I am bragging. The best thing is that the parts I had to make are the most invisible. They are right in front of you but you don't see them.

• Like Like x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.