• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closing off A/C vents on a 68-70 rally dash

Chryco69

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone welded off the a/c dash vents on their rally dash?

I'd swap dash frames.

The A/C frame is probably worth more than a non A/C frame. I'm on the hunt for a Rallye, A/C, 3 speaker dash frame for my 68 and the prices are scary.

I would try to swap it with another frame. Im sure some members here would like to put A/C on their non A/C car.

Have not had any luck finding anyone who want's to swap. Idiot's on Ebay are asking $500+ for just a bare frame.

I am going to zip these hole's shut as soon as the plastic bezel's that cover the vent hole's i bought arrive in the mail. I will have to pre drill the hole's for the screw's.

After this it is off to the body shop for paint.

Bump for knowledge.

Does anyone know if the only difference between the frames are the holes for the AC vents? Thanks

AC vents and the diff trim is all I know of. Rally and standard are diff too.O and the no. of speakers.

My dash is a non rally and no a/c. I purchased a non rally with a/c holes and I see no differences other than the a/c dash does not have the 3 speaker system and has the a/c holes. Not sure if the rallies would be different.
Hope this helps some.

Bump for knowledge.

Does anyone know if the only difference between the frames are the holes for the AC vents? Thanks

accloseoff.jpg

Problem solved. I just formed the same gauge metal to the bend, and welded them shut. It is the body shops problem now lol.

Wouldn't the non-AC faceplates just screw on over the hole and cover it up?

No the ac vents are huge and the covers do not completely cover them. There is also the upper screw that you have to have metal catch it.

Auto Transport Service
Back