• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch fork removal / re-install???

T
Is there a specific position the throw out bearing needs to be in order to get the fork in and out? Does the bearing need to be all the way forward, all the way back or does it not matter?
The bearing has enough movement to go where it needs to for removing the fork. Always has on every one that I have taken out anyway. You just need to rock the fork while pulling out for the spring clip to release from the pivot fork.

The bearing has to be forward enough so you are not driving the fork itself into the meat of the bearing tabs. The clips on the bearing will pull the fork to it and hold it in place. Now my exhaust was not on and with the rubber plug out and good light you could easily see my fork was butting the bearing tabs. Just needed it to move forward an 1/8 inch or so, and could get it. I was concerned that once in place it would hold the bearing to the plate at all times, and that will fry your bearing to an early demise. But, when all was correct and it place, bearing had plenty of clearance for adjustment. You don't want your bearing spinning when there is no clutch pedal pressure being .

AR67GTX
Care to explain why you disagree?

I wasn’t aware I did that. My finger must have brushed over the icon as I was scrolling down on my tablet and unintentionally triggered it. At least I guess it was me - when I touched undo it went away.

Sorry about that.

Auto Transport Service
Back