• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CNC ported 906 head flow test & review on YT

DAMatt

Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Many of you may remember a review, and a flow test done by Eric Weingartner on his youtube channel of a pair of CNC ported 440source heads. Seeing that, I instantly thought it would be cool to see how the ported Iron would fare. It would also be great to see how it compares to previously tested Stealth, RPM & Trickflow heads, because all would be done using the same flow bench, and using the same procedure.

So I sent my newly purchased KG ported heads to Weingartner Racing, Eric confirmed he'll get to them soon.

Soo... anybody interested to see the youtube review & test results?

Many of you may remember a review, and a flow test done by Eric Weingartner on his youtube channel of a pair of CNC ported 440source heads. Seeing that, I instantly thought it would be cool to see how the ported Iron would fare. It would also be great to see how it compares to previously tested Stealth, RPM & Trickflow heads, because all would be done using the same flow bench, and using the same procedure.

So I sent my newly purchased KG ported heads to Weingartner Racing, Eric confirmed he'll get to them soon.

Soo... anybody interested to see the youtube review & test results?

I watch all of Eric's videos.. can't wait to see the results.. he's the reason i went with trickflow..

Definitely interested, I watch his videos he does nice work! 440'

Definitely interested. KG just ported my Stealths a few months back

Eric's video of the cnc 906s is up on you tube, as of about two hours ago. : Spoiler alert: see below.

They flow within about 99% of the cnc speedmaster.

33 IMP, yes, shipping to Transylvania for a pair os ESPO HD springs for my Charger was $650 (shipping + customs), so I know I'll get murdered on the heads & the ported iron intake Cudadude2 is doing for me.

But on the other hand, all the other vampires are gonna be envious!

As always Eric does a great job explaining what was done and why. That old iron flowed pretty good, not back facing those valves left a little flow on the table. Excellent comparison video! 440'

About $2500. That is with all additional work including guides, bigger valves, etc.

Those flow just about the same as my CNC Stealths. Interesting.

Thank you for sharing, very interesting. I've been running a set of these for the past 6 or so years and have had no issues at all. I've worked with the owner, Dave, on some other things as well and he's always treated me right.

If you look at the head pictured, you will notice that the valve cover rail has been milled flat, that was not an option when I had him port my heads. I tool mine back to Dave last year for a spring change for a cam swap and he offered to mill the rails but, I've never had an issue with valve cover seal, so; I declined.

I spoke with another well-known porter in the Mopar world about two years ago he put a set of these heads on his bench and got 290 out of the intake. From what I've heard, his bench is stingy. Just a point of reference for anyone interested in these heads.

Dave has many other cnc programs for other heads too, and not just Mopar. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his work.

For those of you around Ohio, Dave normally has a booth set up at the Columbus swap, which will be in two weeks I believe, and I always run into him at the Indy swap and sometimes at the tracks across Ohio, so; if anyone's interested, he's around to talk with.

Update! Eric has done a back cut on the intake valves, and will do another flow test, to see the differences.

I was also pleased doing bussiness with Dave. Fun fact, his last name sounded quite familiar to me, so I found out that his grandfather actually came from Northern Transylvania :) small world, isn't it?

Last edited:
Now for everybody that was curious what Eric's opinion on back cutting the intake valves would yield, here are the results! Cyl.1 is the original flow data, Cyl.2 is the same test done with the back cut.

What do you guys think? Everywhere till .600 lift, the back cut wins, with one notable exception @ .500. How much would the .100, .200 & .300 flow numbers count on a roller cam? I think that as oposed to a flat tappet, the valve spends considerably less time there.

I don't see myself going over .600 lift, and I have to keep in mind I will be using manifolds.

IMG-20230304-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back