• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Air Intake Setup

I have always liked the 1968 W31 ram air. Simple and understated.View attachment 1070211 View attachment 1070212
OUTSTANDING......next to a MOPAR, the W31 OLDSMOBILE would be my choice......350/325 hp Oldsmobile engine.....factory blue printed high compression, high overlap cam, M22 4 speed trans, 3.73:1 posi traction, FE2 suspension and ram air .......it was conservatively rated st 325 hp.....made in excess of 400 hp.....great car......not many built.....a real find......wishful thinking.......
BOB RENTON

I have a hard time believing the W-31 Olds made over 400 hp. Where is the proof?

Roger Huntington's American Supercars records these tests/info:
- 1968 W-30. 400 engine rated at 370 hp; from his personal testing, he rated it at 320 hp.
- 1965 W-30 400 engine rated at 345, estimated hp 250.

Huntington rated the W-31 at 310 net hp.

As tested, & reported in the Feb 1969 issue of PHR magazine, the W-31 engine made 280 hp.

the W31 OLDSMOBILE
Don't know the accurate specs but a kid in high school had one.Torque powerhouse.Burned tires for miles !!
My boss had one too when I worked for Montgomery Wards Auto Service. Nice !

My Gasser's cold air. The hood was bent and busted so what the heck !:lol:

IMG_0010A.jpg

When I was about 10 years old, I would go down to the stoplight on a local four-lane highway. I saw this car do this very thing on a public street with slicks and uncorked headers. I'd later became friends with Ron Thorson, who owned the record holding W 30. His brother owns the car now, and I wanted to paint a picture of it, but he wasn't keen on the idea. I wanted to block the car up so it would look just like this photo and then make a frame out of all his Parking on the Highway tickets (no drag racing laws yet) and time slips.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 9.05.08 AM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back