• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

color me gone

Sorry Bill!
Great song!

BTW:
I'm saddened that we lost a member due to cyber bullying...
I truly thought "WE" were all much more mature.
I thought we were above that.

Sorry to hear this Gerri. We all have differences and I am sure I have had mine sometimes with others but I try and hope to be respectful of others when we have our differences. It does happen and some don't always disagree in a nice way and can get some upset. But don't let that chase you away as most of us want you to stay here. I don't get here as much as I would like but that's because of my health most of the time. So I hope you change your mind and stay. Ron

Sometimes, it takes a woman leavin' to open a mans' eyes. Don't know how great something or someone is until they're gone

Joined this site in January, haven't really seen anything malicious. I mostly look at the racers hangout.
No need to piss anyone off, lots of good information being passed. I like seeing all different opinions being offered and take what I want from them.
Hope you change your mind.

Jim Guy

BTW:
I'm saddened that we lost a member due to cyber bullying...
I truly thought "WE" were all much more mature.
I thought we were above that.
For the most part everyone here, is good/great people,
we all mostly share our experience & knowledge...

I know I learn something new here everyday...

Yeah we only have a couple of real argumentative arrogant
complaining **** starting "detractors" on here...
They are not the norm...

For the most part, it's pretty much self policed
or the mods & Joey nip it in the bud...
& Many people actually "post stuff to help others",
we do have a couple, it's only a "select few" here,
that would rather talk ****, troll people & start conflicts/trouble constantly
instead of actually contributing, to people question on cars & set ups etc.
for the betterment & to actually help people, not just stir the damn pot...

it sucks

-------------------------------------------------------
When I 1st saw the title I thought cool deal,
I thought it was gonna' be about the old F/C racecars

70 Cuda FC Color Me Gone.jpg

69 Charger FC Color Me Gone #1.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes, it takes a woman leavin' to open a mans' eyes. Don't know how great something or someone is until they're gone
Hopefully, it wasn't the membership.......Wait, thats free....Gold is just a choice......

I wonder how many Gold memberships were gifted in the last year? I bet it was around 30 or so......There is NO OTHER forum on the planet that members would gift other members at a total of 1200 or more......

Where were the other forums looking out for polwideblock? Wait thats right FBBO...Hence ONLY! Even though he has been a member on another site forever compared to here.....

As Geri and you need to note the time you spend here is well spent and the brotherhood here is strong......but you can't expect that immediately you have to grow here.....

Hopefully, it wasn't the membership.......Wait, thats free....Gold is just a choice......

I wonder how many Gold memberships were gifted in the last year? I bet it was around 30 or so......There is NO OTHER forum on the planet that members would gift other members at a total of 1200 or more......

Where were the other forums looking out for polwideblock? Wait thats right FBBO...Hence ONLY! Even though he has been a member on another site forever compared to here.....

As Geri and you need to note the time you spend here is well spent and the brotherhood here is strong......but you can't expect that immediately you have to grow here.....
As a dear online friend of of mind, I think Poly can attest that other forums had his wellbeing on mind, not just this one. As a matter of fact, his issue was quite a topic of concern as I myself had quite a few conversations with other members through pm's before an actual thread was established, trying to figure out what happened. Having sold him some parts as well, and having his address, I, myself sent him a card once I had an idea of what happened, instead of plastering support for everyone else to see and make judgement. Standing on that ground, it's not up to you, or anyone else to decide who had a bigger concern for Phil. That's for Poly to decide.

As far as Geri leaving, it falls in the same category as you, and quite a few other members leaving dc.com. It's not about the cars, it's about being with other people that share the same personal interests as you do, and to inspire, or be inspired to improve yourself and the cars that we love. When that love and inspiration is gone or disrespected, people leave, just the same as you did. If you think it's all about a yellow stamp under your avatar, and how many you can give away, your wearing rose coloured glasses.

Hope you’ll reconsider, Geri. I would urge you to not let the actions or opinions of one or even a few, cause you to lose sight of the big picture, in which the vast majority of us get along greatly and share a wealth of knowledge and help amongst ourselves.

Best wishes and happy moparing.

Last edited:
Standing on that ground, it's not up to you, or anyone else to decide who had a bigger concern for Phil. That's for Poly to decide.
Speaking of Phil, I was prepared to jump on a plane and go visit him personally...that's how much I was concerned for his well being. Only thing that stopped me was a lack of an address. I was in sporadic contact with one of his daughters, but had no address to make the trip happen.

But, you didn't go. You did the best in your means, and so did I, and everyone else did as well. That's why I said it's not up to any one person to decide except Poly.
But, this thread isn't about Poly and who likes him more. It's about a lady that feels disrespected

Geri, many words have been posted on this thread in support of you and all the contributions you have made, knowledge you have shared and being a part of FBBO. I can only say I share the thoughts expressed and offer my support as well.
Bob :moparsmiley:

But, you didn't go. You did the best in your means, and so did I, and everyone else did as well. That's why I said it's not up to any one person to decide except Poly.
But, this thread isn't about Poly and who likes him more. It's about a lady that feels disrespected
It is about weeding out douchebag members......that run people away......

Back to you statement of "not up to one person" in relation to poly.....in a selfish self-centered world that's ok and maybe those types should go back where they came from because here we care about our members and are proactive in thinking of them.....

That's why it is a brotherhood here.....

As a dear online friend of of mind, I think Poly can attest that other forums had his wellbeing on mind, not just this one. As a matter of fact, his issue was quite a topic of concern as I myself had quite a few conversations with other members through pm's before an actual thread was established, trying to figure out what happened. Having sold him some parts as well, and having his address, I, myself sent him a card once I had an idea of what happened, instead of plastering support for everyone else to see and make judgement. Standing on that ground, it's not up to you, or anyone else to decide who had a bigger concern for Phil. That's for Poly to decide.

As far as Geri leaving, it falls in the same category as you, and quite a few other members leaving dc.com. It's not about the cars, it's about being with other people that share the same personal interests as you do, and to inspire, or be inspired to improve yourself and the cars that we love. When that love and inspiration is gone or disrespected, people leave, just the same as you did. If you think it's all about a yellow stamp under your avatar, and how many you can give away, your wearing rose coloured glasses.
The yellow stamp.means nothing to me other than supporting the site owner....that's a personal choice and not a mandate.....a gold member can get the boot just like anyone else.....

If you don't want to be gold.....great, no one cares.....if you go gold, great thanks for the added support......

I will say you would be shocked how many members got gifted gold.....

Still don't know what happen. I snooped thru posts she had. Seems like a very knowledgable person that this site will be worst off for not having. It's a shame. These things happen thou. I was run off from a wonderful hobby in the 90's. Radio control planes. Had the whole get up. Cargo trailer,canopy,multiple 30 to 35% planes. All it took for me to leave was one gentleman to disrespect me in front of my son. I refused to engage him out of respect. I just left. The point of this is. Not one of those other club members did half of what some of these members have done to try and get people to stay and work thru problems. This forum is a great place.

havent been on here that long but i dont get involved to the point like some here. i do know every question ive had yall have given me great advice and answers. hate to see someone ran off because of stupidity

Hope I wasn`t the guy that shot his mouth off! I don`t know what the hell u guys are talking about, I hope it wasn`t me. I f I SEE A POST THAT THE POSTER DOESN`T KNOW WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT, I USUSALLY MOUTH OFF. A LOT OF POSTERS DO KNOW THEIR STUFF !

Auto Transport Service
Back