• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cometic gasket cooling holes

kdtjb

Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
I have a set of cometic gaskets on my race motor. I have the head off right now and noticed the gasket covers the lower cooling holes. I have ran this set up for 2 years with no problems so I hope it's OK. Mopar/world 4.5 " bore block and Indy 440-1 heads. IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0435.jpgIMG_0437.jpg

You're OK the way those gaskets are.........I upgraded to Indy heads and cometic gaskets over the winter...I noticed that the lower coolant holes were blocked by the cometic gaskets and compared them to the Felpro composition gaskets I took out.....same deal with lower holes covered

Hope this helps...

Splicer

Mine are the same, checked on a set of felpro same thing. Called cometic they said that's normal.

Cast iron blocks and heads frequently have holes that have nothing to do with cooling and are present only to facilitate the removal of sand after the casting process.

Auto Transport Service
Back