• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compression Test

NSS Guy

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I did a compression test today, motor has about 140 passes since freshening up. Flat top pistons and indy little easy heads. 499ci. Any comments?

20190713_142904.jpg

272/276 @.050 cam. Picture looked blurry, it was showing 215psi

Comment - It reads 210

If the other seven are 210 , I would say it probably runs pretty damn good and your happy

What cam ?

My little 383/432 is at 200 dead nuts on all eight this spring

And that was cold with the throttle plates closed , air cleaner off

Honestly I was a little surprised with those numbers recently after I rebuilt it a few years back

I would have thought 160/180 max

I just picked up another new gauge at Iola WI to confirm my confirmation that those numbers are confirmed

LOL

I was typing while you where reading my mind

All cylinders were above 200, runs 10teens with that crappie max wedge intake thru the mufflers

Sounds like LOTS of static compression ratio!
Agree on the max intake. They are pretty and cool and all, but no longer the fast way from a to b. I had a welded up tm7with an 850, swapped to a crossram with two 750 carters and picked up..... nothing.

That's higher than mine at 15-1, lol. Look forward to racing you at MM.
Doug

That's higher than mine at 15-1, lol. Look forward to racing you at MM.
Doug
I've got a diesel. lol.
The few times I have actually ran it open headers, it has a nasty sound. Lots of pop.
See you in a few weeks.

looks good Jim. hope you're doing well!!

Thanks Russ, I am all healed up from my fall. It took awhile but doing great, thanks for asking. Hope to see you at NMCA Indy

Auto Transport Service
Back