• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console

69moparparts

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Who knows what car this console goes in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 302
That console is for a 66-70 B-body with an automatic. It will also work in 66-70 C-Bodies.

The console is reproduced new.

Joe

that looks like a overhead console:grin:

Upside-down car for sure

Who reproduces the console? Mine has a crack in the vinyl part on the end, Probably from someone leaning on it.

I'll take a ride to where my car is stored and take a picture of the crack I have and see if you think it can be repaired (I hope so). what do you use to repair it, that vinyl type stuff used to repair vinyl chairs and such?

I'll take a ride to where my car is stored and take a picture of the crack I have and see if you think it can be repaired (I hope so). what do you use to repair it, that vinyl type stuff used to repair vinyl chairs and such?

I've used stuff called epoxy clay, but it's pretty much the same two-part epoxy stuff you can buy in home stores to fix gas tanks or other stuff. I knead out a piece and apply it from behind. Once it hardens I sand it level with the console, then use a scribe to etch in the texturing. Once the texturing is done I prime and paint and it's good as new.

Looks like 66-70 B-body console for an automatic car, I think they also used them on C bodies but with a different top plate....

I scuff sand the underside and use resin and glass mat. This adds strength to the piece as well as preventing the crack from spreading.

Then on the topside I use a polyester glazing putty sparingly to fill the crack. Then with a magnifying loupe and a pick, I re-create the grain in the putty.

Essentially the same process as Bruzilla, but very wary when (if) you sand the topside. It's quite easy to flat spot the grain and it'll show when you paint it.

Auto Transport Service
Back