• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible Fluid Line Purge Help

66plysat

Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
I've reinstalled the convertible top pump, mechanism and lines and can't figure out how to purge the line of air. I filled the pump with fluid and permanently installed it in the frame. I can see the air in the lines and ran the pump to try to flush out the line but it didn't seem to help. I can't add fluid because the filler hole that is on the end of the pump will spill out fluid if you take out the plug. It seem like the only way to fill the pump is to remove it from the frame and set it on end. If you remove it from the frame the rubber feet will need to be cut to free it from the frame.
There has to be an easier way to do this, I just can't figure out what it may be. Anyone have any experience doing this? I need some guidance, Thanks.
IMG_2454.jpg

Greetings neighbor.
Isn't there a rubber plug high on the pump for filling?
Maybe on the backside?
Top it off, run the motor to purge the lines, top it off again.

PM me if you still need help.

Last edited:
I installed new motor, lines, and flushed out the pistons (off the car to clean them as they were a couple years old). Running the top up and down a few times should purge system of air - this is what I did and it worked out. Reservoir is 'filled' when fluid gets to the filler opening.

Rubber grommets can be removed and reinstalled using a screwdriver underneath the bracket

To add, filler opening with motor horizontal as in the car when fluid starts to dribble out, reservoir is full. After running it you can recheck the reservoir. On the other hand, air can be a problem if the tank is too low.

Auto Transport Service
Back