• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting a biscuit mount crossmember to spool mounts

cal30_sniper

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? It seems as if it would be as simple as cutting off the biscuit towers and welding spool towers to the crossmember in the appropriate location. I’d love to see some photos if anyone has gone this route.

I have some spare F-bodies I could cut the spool mounts off of, and am handy with fab-work and welding. I worry about the stories of biscuit mounts coming apart. I’m leaning towards a 512 with an air grabber, and the spool mounts seem like a more reliable means of fastening without breaking all that fancy hoodware if a biscuit mount were to let go.

Torque strap is much quicker and easier to fabricate. Hide it on the back side of the mount if you don’t want to see it.

Waste of time. However if you are that skilled get it done and then you can take pictures for all the others to see and follow. My 528 Hemi has not broken the old mounts.

Torque strap seems like a great compromise. My k-member is pretty banged up in the front swaybar pass through, so I may end up running one of the QA1 tubular units. It would be a shame to start cutting and welding on all that nice new powdercoat.

This is one of the threads I had read detailing issues with the biscuit mounts.

Unclear if a torque strap would solve the issues here or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back