• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Core support paint question.

The black out behind the grill is just supposed to cover the grill area, but some got more than others.

What you can see thru the grill was supposed to get a Blackout. As I understand it, it was applied with a wand by I guy in a pit under the car as it went down the assy line.
So I'd depends whether your car was done on a Monday or Friday, or after a three martini lunch by the guy with the wand.

It also depends on the color.
True. But in response to another thread about this, I checked a friend's original B7 A66 challenger, and it does have a blackout. The question was (I think) if the darker colors got a blackout.

you tube ..... Dead Dodge Garage or Rocket Restoration .... Covers this very well .....:thumbsup:

True. But in response to another thread about this, I checked a friend's original B7 A66 challenger, and it does have a blackout. The question was (I think) if the darker colors got a blackout.
Most of the darker colors did not. I've had several dark cars myself. I had a B7 car in the 70's, did not have blackout. Blue, green, purple, black... none had blackout. I actually had a white car without blackout. As with all things Mopar, nothing is set in stone.

Most of the darker colors did not. I've had several dark cars myself. I had a B7 car in the 70's, did not have blackout. Blue, green, purple, black... none had blackout. I actually had a white car without blackout. As with all things Mopar, nothing is set in stone.
Assembly plant probably has something to do with it too. Pretty sure my friends car is an L.A. build.

Wonder how much guy in a pit with a wand paid?

You are correct. Black obviously, GG1, EE1 also didn’t.

Auto Transport Service
Back