• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corona Build 1975 Roadrunner

If i recall there is a quote somewhere about him saying it was literally the worst race car he had ever driven.

@johnnymac, speaking of the car, the aerodynamic nightmare was one thing. The other reason Petty left was MP only had the W2 head which was falling behind in the HP war due to non advancement in the cylinder head area. The other contenders cylinder heads where becoming superior to the aging W2.

While the W2 is IMO the best small block iron head ever made, it has draw backs that prevent it from being competitive against the newer aluminum heads allowed in NASCAR back then.

@mmissile, nice pictures.

@johnnymac, speaking of the car, the aerodynamic nightmare was one thing. The other reason Petty left was MP only had the W2 head which was falling behind in the HP war due to non advancement in the cylinder head area. The other contenders cylinder heads where becoming superior to the aging W2.

While the W2 is IMO the best small block iron head ever made, it has draw backs that prevent it from being competitive against the newer aluminum heads allowed in NASCAR back then.

@mmissile, nice pictures.
Maybe Richard didn't like the car, but when he gave it to his son, Kyle used the Magnum to win his very first race - the 1979 Daytona ARCA 200.

So! now your saying he’s a loooooooooossssser….

Just kidding….
:rofl:

I gotta tell ya though, I like the look of the car in its NASCAR out fittings.

Got some sheet metal work done and able to undercoat most of car. She was bigger then a 8’ box needed one more bottle of undercoating

75893CB9-9A11-4CA3-844C-B20C40381DC5.jpeg F93B364F-F272-4DC3-9D14-B8FF7F55DF73.jpeg

Wow ! That is going to be nice !! Great to see this build. Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back