• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct hub cap for '62 Savoy

caps have circles there is also a spinner cap for 14 inch

momma.jpg

continuing with the topic, I have this questions: 1.- What wheel diameter is the standard on those 1962 Savoys, Fury, Belvedere? I have 14 inch steelies with 10 inches dogdish caps, I think they were the tipical setup. 2.- I ignore if those 62s also came with 15 inch diam wheels as a factory option. 4.- In that case those 15 inch also came with 10inch dogdish caps? 4.- probably other Mopars came with 15 inch and 10 inch hubcap setup, anyone knows if they exist? or do you have to literally construct them? I am interested in having 15 inch wheels with 10 inch dogdish hubcaps. THANKS !!

continuing with the topic, I have this questions: 1.- What wheel diameter is the standard on those 1962 Savoys, Fury, Belvedere? I have 14 inch steelies with 10 inches dogdish caps, I think they were the tipical setup. 2.- I ignore if those 62s also came with 15 inch diam wheels as a factory option. 4.- In that case those 15 inch also came with 10inch dogdish caps? 4.- probably other Mopars came with 15 inch and 10 inch hubcap setup, anyone knows if they exist? or do you have to literally construct them? I am interested in having 15 inch wheels with 10 inch dogdish hubcaps. THANKS !!
I dont have the answers to all your questions, but i believe they all came with 14s in 62. @duster22 has new centers he had made for10" caps that can be put in 15"hoops (and i think maybe 16"hoops, you would have to ask him [ big brakes?])
If there was a 15" wheel with a 10" cap, it was probably on a large car (big chrysler or imperial) or a station wagon/cop car/taxi. Hard to find, i'll bet.

In the past I have seen a few early 60's Dodge trucks , they were 4 1/2 bolt pattern and had 15 inch wheels that took the 10 inch cap.

Frank

62 Plymouth and Dodge use the same button caps. The 61 Plymouth cap is the same except it has the black paint filling. 61 dodge is different. Parts book will confirm this, but owning all 3 cars makes it personal.

No steelies at this time, but anyway, here is my ride..., I am planning 15 inches rear 9 inch wide steelie wheels without dogdish caps. Front can be 14 or 15 steelies , 5 or 6 inches wide, with OEM dogdish caps. I hope you like it.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-21 at 7.58.08 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-01-21 at 7.56.22 PM.jpeg

14 inch was norm im using a set of 15x8 custom made for the rear and a set of 15x4.5 from a studebaker

I would like to see some of the creative ways to mount a 9 inch cap inside of a 10 inch cap. I have committed to the later style wheel, and am not turning back.
We have so many creative and talented members here, that I am willing to bet, someone has a successful solution, without spending Crazy money on wheels and centers ect. Adapt and overcome?!
Thunder

I would like to see some of the creative ways to mount a 9 inch cap inside of a 10 inch cap. I have committed to the later style wheel, and am not turning back.
We have so many creative and talented members here, that I am willing to bet, someone has a successful solution, without spending Crazy money on wheels and centers ect. Adapt and overcome?!
Thunder
I have found that early station wagons & some studebakers have 15 inch rims that take the 10 inch caps. thats where i found mine.

Or you can modify to fit,top are 15x8 Ramcharger,bottom 15x7 Diplomat ,Grand Fury and 5 th. Ave

View attachment 1023135

62Max, got any tips on measuring for the studs(and what you used for the studs), I have a repo set of 15" that I didnt know were 9" hubs. Looking to put on the 1962 Plymouth hub caps (globes w/ lines thru) and those are 10" DO you have any closer pics you could share?

62Max, got any tips on measuring for the studs(and what you used for the studs), I have a repo set of 15" that I didnt know were 9" hubs. Looking to put on the 1962 Plymouth hub caps (globes w/ lines thru) and those are 10" DO you have any closer pics you could share?
I was quite successful with the attachment of my 10 inch poverty caps to a set of 9 inch cop caps that fit the late model wheel. They have showed no signs of failure, fit beautifully No vibrations, or other rotational issues. If you are interested , I will go further if you wish to take this on . Pretty cheap too.
Thunder

Last edited:
IMG_2342.jpg

These are 1965 Belvedere caps.Just for reference.

I was quite successful with the attachment of my 10 inch poverty caps to a set of 9 inch cop caps that fit the late model wheel. They have showed no signs of failure, fit beautifully No vibrations, or other rotational issues. If you are interested , I will go further if you wish to take this on . Pretty cheap too.
Thunder

66/440, Speedway does have steel wheels that may fit the 10'' cap. Not for sure certain.But pretty sure.
I checked on a set not too long ago and was told they are Ford.BUT the hub center is larger to fit Chrysler and Ford.
Factory Ford Hub centers were smaller than Chrysler. The 10'' caps should fit as I had a set of Ford 15x4.5 bolt pattern 4.5'' wide that I used on a 63 Belvedere.
Had to machine the hub to the Chrysler size.That was 40+ years ago.

In the past I have seen a few early 60's Dodge trucks , they were 4 1/2 bolt pattern and had 15 inch wheels that took the 10 inch cap.

studebakers have 15 inch rims that take the 10 inch caps.
Also Ford Econoline vans of the early 60's
superstocker33, duster22 has the wheel centers that you need.You can have a wheel company such as Stockton Wheel in California make up hoops and weld in the centers you send them with what ever width . I think Stockton is still in business.

I read the replies, but didn't see if anybody confirmed these caps as 62 Savoy

View attachment 1298949
These are 63/64 caps. 64 Dodges have a brushed finish. There is a nice chart one of the members did in the tire/wheel/hubcap section. It also shows the correct caps for 62's but think we have that covered.

Thunderlugs, I see you disagree. May I ask why ?

Auto Transport Service
Back