• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct hub cap for '62 Savoy

Here are the caps off my 62 Valiant that I had in high school.
I found they fit my 76 PW.
E646EB5C-AB67-47E2-9C42-18711375227A.jpeg

@Thunderlugs, post #35 this thread. I'm betting it was a scrolling oops. Happens to me too many times.
33 IMP....Yes... Thank you for pointing that out! That was an unconscious move on my part! For clarification, I am Not in disagreement with anyone on this topic. Sorry for the confusion.

Thunderlugs, A mistake,no problem. I've done it before too.
I was thinking on this subject for all of us, on all the Bodies sites that if we members do disagree, We should post why.
I know most of us when we get a disagree button, we (I do) are thought wondering what it is.
Going back and re-reading our posts and trying to figure out Why ?

A couple of years ago , I bought a pair of the narrow wheels from Speedway , just to see if they fit the Mopar 10 inch caps. They do not. But you can always see for yourself

Frank

I was quite successful with the attachment of my 10 inch poverty caps to a set of 9 inch cop caps that fit the late model wheel. They have showed no signs of failure, fit beautifully No vibrations, or other rotational issues. If you are interested , I will go further if you wish to take this on . Pretty cheap too.
Thunder
Thunderlugs, I am interested, please share what worked for you. Thanks.

These are 63/64 caps. 64 Dodges have a brushed finish. There is a nice chart one of the members did in the tire/wheel/hubcap section. It also shows the correct caps for 62's but think we have that covered.
Parts Stalker, can you link to that chart. Just did a search and couldn’t find. Thanks!

Funny thing, I have never had anybody say "hey, those are the wrong caps for a 62 savoy!" (Running 67 barracuda caps, when I have the steelies on).
Heck, it took a couple pages for US to figure it out.

Funny thing, I have never had anybody say "hey, those are the wrong caps for a 62 savoy!" (Running 67 barracuda caps, when I have the steelies on).
Heck, it took a couple pages for US to figure it out.
I thought it, but have to much class to point it out.

Truthfully, I have some of those caps but never thought I would identify them. Now they can find their forever homes.

Out at the Carlisle show in PA , I once ask a guy how he put the 10 inch caps on the wheels on his car , when I knew the wheels would only accept a 9 inch cap.
He told me he glued a 9 inch cap inside the 10 inch cap. But he only used the on the show field , cause they did the weeble wobble when driving down the road.

Frank

Out at the Carlisle show in PA , I once ask a guy how he put the 10 inch caps on the wheels on his car , when I knew the wheels would only accept a 9 inch cap.
He told me he glued a 9 inch cap inside the 10 inch cap. But he only used the on the show field , cause they did the weeble wobble when driving down the road.

Frank
Well ,I understand those concerns. However the advancement of adhesives, and use of a jig to properly nest the 9 inch inside, I have no weeble wabble, or out of balance issues what so ever.

I expected to get caught with my nonsense. It's from a Dartillac. A Dart cap on top of a Cadillac cap.

Didn't want to make a new thread so will ask here... The dogdishes came on the car, other caps were in the trunk, i assume the full size caps would be the proper '62 caps? (i will probably end up with 15" stamped steels and keep the dog dishes though...) I prefer the 6 slot steel cop rims but would be weird on a 62
2022-06-26 13.17.07.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back