• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct rad cap?

koosh

Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
Currently have an old lever style 14lb radiator cap....would like to replace with new....for a 69 RR, 383 motor....what is the correct cap to use?
Not into original stuff, just want best one for the car....
Thanks

These are what I use on all our "elderly" cars. I like the lever.

Rock Auto:
STANT 10331 {#11331, 861854} Safety Release Radiator Cap; Safety Release Vented Cap (Open or Closed System) - 16 psi (SAE Range 14-18 psi) Info Pressure Rating 16 psi

If you don't like the lever:
STANT 10231 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} OE Type; Standard Vented Cap (Open or Closed System) - 16 psi (SAE Range 14-18 psi) Info Pressure Rating 16 psi

I do like the lever style, just wanted to be sure whats best for the motor.....no current cooling issues...and wasnt sure the correct lbs...is it suppose to be vented or closed?
Thanks

IMG_1446.jpg
16lb 2 eared cap works for my 440. It's the one I remember from back in the day. Nothing screams aftermarket like the lever.

Looks like its going to be 16lb.....thanks!
Luv aftermarket!

Go to ORielly Auto parts or Napa,they will have
the right cap for your application.
Won't look aftermarket.

Auto Transport Service
Back