• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct repop rad cap

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Who was reproducing rad caps 16lb period correct , don’t like way this cap sets!

489251A7-8080-4ABC-A9AC-E92730BC2AEB.jpeg

Last edited:
MegaParts USA has them.

Only one source for correct small rivet, unless Jamie @ megaparts got some of Richard's finally, as I had been waiting for Jamie's new source for 3 years and he had given up.

Restoration Parts and Materials ! Our very own Richard O'Shields @69bfan
1969radiatorcaps 002.JPG

Ok thanks, ordered one
From Richard I hope ! If not and you went Megaparts let us know if he has stock. I ordered that one a good 4 years ago, it was on back order waiting for it to be tweaked for correctness and Jamie gave up waiting. Like I said unless he has Richards new wares..

From Richard I hope ! If not and you went Megaparts let us know if he has stock. I ordered that one a good 4 years ago, it was on back order waiting for it to be tweaked for correctness and Jamie gave up waiting. Like I said unless he has Richards new wares..
Ordered from mega , their site says they have 64-69 and 70-74 ,hope this helps! Have great day !

I got one from Jamie a couple years ago at Carlisle. Bob from Glen Ray was out. Jamie and Roy are good people. As well as Bob.

Nice reproduction. 2 of my cars use "special" caps due to overflow bottles.. Luckily I have them both brand new...

IMG_1078.JPG IMG_2428.JPG

Wow , who knew, that’s amazing and thanks for the enlightenment!

Ordered from mega , their site says they have 64-69 and 70-74 ,hope this helps! Have great day !
As I said, let me know if you get one, I don't need help on it as I have them already from Richard. I've bought a bazillon items from Jamie, but that cap was still on back order and he told me he'd given up as late as me ordering my new 340 scripts for the Dart this Winter. Unless he now has Richard's stock for resale, I bet he can't fill the order.

Hopefully I’ll get my cap and well work as expected, will update upon receiving!

Not sure of whom Jamie is sourcing his caps from, but very possibly the same as ours as we finally got the importer to get them back in stock. But like everything else, what is available today may not be there tomorrow as inventory is quickly being depleted filling back orders on the wholesale front.

Auto Transport Service
Back