• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Size Circuit breaker for trunk mounted battery?

Here’s what I did on my last project, not Hemi but LS (in a Chevy). Battery in the trunk, 200 amp Stinger breaker in the trunk right off the battery. The 1/0 is ‘the wire’. Starts the car and charges the battery. Don’t need all these separate wires. The idea for the breaker is to protect the battery from going into full meltdown if that big 1/0 was grounded like in an accident.

Big wire from the trunk to the starter lug. That same lug had the charge wire from alternator and then a feed to the power center for the LS swap.

Here’s what I did on my last project, not Hemi but LS (in a Chevy). Battery in the trunk, 200 amp Stinger breaker in the trunk right off the battery. The 1/0 is ‘the wire’. Starts the car and charges the battery. Don’t need all these separate wires. The idea for the breaker is to protect the battery from going into full meltdown if that big 1/0 was grounded like in an accident.

Big wire from the trunk to the starter lug. That same lug had the charge wire from alternator and then a feed to the power center for the LS swap.

sounds about like what i had planned

Auto Transport Service
Back