• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Speedometer Cable Length 1968 B Body 727

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, my speedometer cable needs replacing. I'm going to have Shannon at Redline build me one with a steel core so it's more reliable and smooth running. I just spoke to him on the phone and he told me a lot of the reproduction cables are being supplied about 7-inches too long. Has anyone replaced theirs recently and can confirm this as well as let me know what correct length cable I should order? The one in there now was replaced a few years ago by the interior shop with something generic and from under the car it indeed looks too long as it was resting on my exhaust and fried the cable down to the braid.

I could remove the cable, but I'm not aware of how to determine the correct length and would like to confirm with what you guys are running vs what I have in there now.

Car is 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite, 727 automatic big block.

I have a replacement from I got Ehrenberg, 63-1/2". He assured me it's the correct length but I haven't put it in yet (speedo needle doesn't work anyway lol)...

I have a replacement from I got Ehrenberg, 63-1/2". He assured me it's the correct length but I haven't put it in yet (speedo needle doesn't work anyway lol)...
I trust E-booger! Thanks for the fast reply. What year is your car and is it 727 big block?

Auto Transport Service
Back