• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Stripping 67 Coronet RT

topron

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
Im new to this site as well as the MOPAR world. Bought my 67 RT last August. On my window sticker it an option , 318 Black Stripe. Im trying to find out what was the correct stripe offered on a RT in 67. Or was it a dealer add on. Ive seen two variations of stripes. One running above the rocker panel front to back, and one wrapping around the back of the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Door stripe could be correct, but I'd bet it was a pinstripe.

welcome to FBBO

There was a stripe along the bottom above the rocker as shown in repro broshures but I have never seen it on an actual car. The correct stripe is a pin stripe and was painted. I will do my best to get you some pix from one I restored for the original owner. We had pix to go from when the car was new so it is definitely right. It is a double stripe and runs along the main chahacter line, (Body line). May take me awhile to get the pix up, computer challenged here!! So please be patient. And welcome from another newbie. You'll love it here.

Last edited:
Got some measurements on the stripe, top stripe 7/32, 1/8 void, bottom stripe 1/16. This is a painted stripe and runs directly below the main body line. Asoon as I can figure out how to upload the pics I'll get them on here. Hope this helps

Stripe Pics

And here are some pics to go along with the measurements. DSCN2219.jpgDSCN2215.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2217.jpg
    DSCN2217.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 123
Im new to this site as well as the MOPAR world. Bought my 67 RT last August. On my window sticker it an option , 318 Black Stripe. Im trying to find out what was the correct stripe offered on a RT in 67. Or was it a dealer add on. Ive seen two variations of stripes. One running above the rocker panel front to back, and one wrapping around the back of the car. Any help would be appreciated.

The factory stripe (to include color) would be coded on the fender tag or build card and it is a painted stripe that runs along the top of the side (not around the back or down at the rocker panel). What's on your fender tag or build card?
Regards,

Auto Transport Service
Back