• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cost to recrome air cleaner

Edward Zeliesko

Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
whats the average cost to re crome a large air cleaner, its crome now, needs freshen up ??

I would try inquiring at a local motorcycle shop where they recommend chroming small parts. I'm not too sure if its just a local thing but we have a small chroming shop in my area that mainly deals with motorcycle part chroming and they are cheaper than the big guys.

Something else to think about is Chrome Powder Coating. It won't be as shiny as chrome but, it might be cheaper and easier depending on your location.

I checked into Spectra and another brand of "chrome" painting years ago and at that time it was more expensive than the real thing. Still an option.
Mike

Powder chrome has made lots of advances in forty years but it still doesn't replicate a good old triple-plated chrome job.
It will be most noticeable if you have real chrome visually near it (such as a chromed master cylinder cover) but you can squeak by otherwise.
I rarely shoot it except as an accent color but here's an old 2011 pic of @waggin's dad's 273 air cleaner I had the honor of restoring for them to help your visual.
FB_IMG_1669573297310.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back