• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracked Console

satellite66

Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
This is the crack in my console that I mentioned in another thread. Is it repairable? I'm going to look for a console when I'm at the mopar show in Carlisle. But if I can't find one, I'd like to fix this one. Someone gave me a link to a site that had repros but I don't know if they come in green. DSCN3390.jpg

yes that can be repaired when the crack is repaired you will need to redo the grain back in and then redye the repaired area

I repaired mine with fiberglass.Rough up the area on the backsiide good and put in a couple layers of the fiberglass mat saturated with resin then slather it up good with the remaining resin and let it harden up for a day or so then you can go to it on the front side.

Whether you buy a re-pop or fix yours, you're going have to paint it anyways so you might as well give it a shot. Just remember, don't sand the topside very much ( a little denibbing, that is all) as you'll wipe out the grain fairly fast and it will show as a big flat spot after you paint it.

Auto Transport Service
Back