• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craziest Accident I ever saw...

A car with that much power and dumbass wasn’t belted in!

Last edited:
No way he was belted in. Got damn lucky on that run.

I believe he was belted in but the belts pulled through the floor. Saw this vid several years ago.
That car probably had at least a 5 point harness I can't believe all points failed... I think starter was lazy and did not see. If not that car was a POS and should have never passed tech.

It's stated in the description in this vid it was only a lap belt and they pulled through the floor. You can see the belt in the video.

It's stated in the description in this vid it was only a lap belt and they pulled through the floor. You can see the belt in the video.

Ok I did not read anything only watched.. Again should have NEVER passed tech. Not to mention his helmet was not even strapped on.

I swear I typed “wasn’t”, but I didn’t, so I fixed it.

If the belts pulled through the floor, then I betting they didn’t have a plate to distribute the forced acted upon the bolt.

What happened was a result of operators with too little experience operating high hp vehicles - in both lanes.

For the rest of you....don't be a safety karen. The most unsafe element(s) in this situation was the driver (s).

The 55 rolled because the driver white knuckled it and abruptly let off the throttle before stabbing the clutch.

Crazy Lucky, both of them!

You sure do type a lot ****. People have an opinion, and yes, just like you do. Unless you were there, or built the car, what you say is an opinion. Seems to me that you’re the KAREN.

In my humble opinion......
This is obviously on a no-prep surface, and there's no dial-in on the windows, so this is just a time trial ( IF there are actual clocks).
So, in my opinion, the asshole in the camaro caused this whole thing. He ignites the tires, so the pass is garbage anyway, but he stays in it, and threatens to go into the 55's lane twice, at least. The 55 overreacts, and loses his car, and luckily not his legs or head. But anybody that builds that kind of car and races it with a lap belt, doesn't deserve a whole lot of sympathy.
I do feel sorry about the loss of a nice 55.

What happened was a result of operators with too little experience operating high hp vehicles - in both lanes.

For the rest of you....don't be a safety karen. The most unsafe element(s) in this situation was the driver (s).

The 55 rolled because the driver white knuckled it and abruptly let off the throttle before stabbing the clutch.
OK..:rofl: I will just leave it there...

There’s a shoebox like that runs at my local track. WAY too fast for the conditions there, and I don’t know if he even makes full passes.
I always try to get my wife and stay away from the fence.

Some of these no prep cars are flat out scary.

I think it was an auto with a big turbo on the engine. I see way too many guys stuffing big hp into otherwise stock older cars with little to no safety. Some think this makes them brave and a 'bada$$', I disagree. If a toolbag runs into my car because he was too foolish to lift or didn't have the proper equipment to handle what hp he was putting out, the car damage is the least of his worries.

There’s a shoebox like that runs at my local track. WAY too fast for the conditions there, and I don’t know if he even makes full passes.
I always try to get my wife and stay away from the fence.

Some of these no prep cars are flat out scary.
Nope. No-prep is flat out stupid.

I enjoy no prep. I also see a lot of streeters with big strokers and no roll bar that get into the secondaries on the street. As soon as a guy has a bad day at the track everyone comes off the bench.

Signed,

Guy that actually races a car : D

Auto Transport Service
Back