• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Criminals Amaze Me Sometimes!

Bruzilla

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I went to the shop where my car is to check on their progress, and I saw the CB radio I put in is gone! WTF would steal a CB radio in this day and age? I'm just happy they didn't take the antenna. The radio cost me $5, the antenna is worth about $50. :)

Who's going to buy it from them? I think they just took it because they had no clue what it was. They better be hoping The Bigger Idiot theory pays off for them. :)

Probably some meth tweaker trying to come up with some quick cash for his next hit. The jails are full of these idiots. You would probably get in trouble for shooting 'em, but if you are lucky, I'll be on your jury and you will walk.

Anyone at that shop look like their not sportin wallets?
Casually walk around the lot if its small, looking in windows on the floors. They may have been more stupid and mounted it.

I went to the shop where my car is to check on their progress, and I saw the CB radio I put in is gone! WTF would steal a CB radio in this day and age? I'm just happy they didn't take the antenna. The radio cost me $5, the antenna is worth about $50. :)

Wait a minute!!!! Have you confronted the owner about this? This story is about as goofy as the guy who has the trashed motor after the knucklehead wrench twister over revved his motor while at the shop.

I love it when idiots steal worthless items when an object for some worth is right in front of their stupid face
Reminds me of a friend of mine. A few years ago he was trying to give away his old treadmill and nobody wanted it so he put it in his front yard for $150. Sure enough within a few hours some idiot stole it. I know that stuff like this happens all the time. It's no wonder our prisons are overcrowded.

The other day someone got ahold of my credit card numbers and charged a bunch of stuff that should make it easy for the cops to catch them.
After there were a few thousnad of suspect charges, the credit card company shut my account down. I found out when my card was declined at TacoBell.
Some fradulant charges made were to Comcast (got to pay the cable bill), and the an inmate phone service (I guess making reservations?)

The other day someone got ahold of my credit card numbers and charged a bunch of stuff that should make it easy for the cops to catch them.
After there were a few thousnad of suspect charges, the credit card company shut my account down. I found out when my card was declined at TacoBell.
Some fradulant charges made were to Comcast (got to pay the cable bill), and the an inmate phone service (I guess making reservations?)

I'd love to hear the follow up on this!

I love it when idiots steal worthless items when an object for some worth is right in front of their stupid face

The thing that really worried me was they stole the Road Runner horn, but it was fine. :) That would have cost more to replace than pretty much anything in the car.

Sorry this crap keeps happening...

What kind of area do live in or where your cars at ??...

Bruzilla you definitely need to find a different place to take you RR, or just finish it yourself,
was that the same place where the kid/employee stole/swapped you engine trans & tried to sell it on Craigslist ??, IIRC some 16-18 month ago, the engine swap still not done ?? & if it was...
Damn you've had more stuff stolen from that one place/shop, then I ever have at any shop, let alone the time & hassles you've spent over this crap...

Even if it's not worth much, seems they are playing you, setting you up there, seems you have a big bullseye on your back,
how do they even stay in business ??...

Sorry I'm being a little harsh, not meant to offend you, criticizing your choices, where you've taken your car, how your doing your deal, I know doesn't help any, but it has to be said, this once great deal has turned into a freaken' nightmare, trying to do a low budget deal, turned into a den of thieves, big a$$ waste of time too...

I really hate those kind of people... Pisses me off & it's not even my stuff...

I had a customer come in for some work years ago when I worked at a spring shop... I go out to pull it in and there's an ashtray rounded over with roaches it was an olds 88 there had to be at least 2oz..... we had municipal vehicles from a dozen police fire ambulance etc in and out all the time..... and no I didn't touch any.. I had better than the swag he had...
I would burn the place down an hour after my car got out of their preferably with the owner in side it for the inconvenience of having to get another cb....

Last edited:
I totally understand. Back when I was employed by a utility and we worked in shady neighborhoods you had to make sure your truck was locked up. They would steal anything, even if it was something that only we could use on the job and had no other use to anyone.

Maybe you need to remove the antenna and horn until you get the car back. And here I thought I had my car in a bad part of town!

The thing that really worried me was they stole the Road Runner horn, but it was fine. :) That would have cost more to replace than pretty much anything in the car.

I had somebody steal my change drawer out of my truck (yes the entire thing), with $1000 worth of camping equipment sitting in the bed LOL

Just reminds me of back in the 1990s, we made about a hundred training tapes for P-3C Orion acoustic operators. They were Ampex 12" x 1" tape reels, five to a box, and one of our guys drove them to Jacksonville to deliver them to the Navy. They were in the back of his pickup truck when he stopped at our office to go to the bathroom before headed to the base, and he came out ten minutes later and all 20 boxes of tapes were gone! The boxes were marked with what they were, but some idiots took them anyway.

There was never a trace of them found, so we figured when the thieves found out what they stole they probably dumped the boxes into the St. Johns River.

Talked to a guy a while back at a commercial sign shop in Texas. He had a tractor-trailer load of high value mil-spec paints and coatings, $20 a gallon and up. Thieves broke in, moved all the paint to one side of the trailer, stripped the aluminum, moved the paint to the other side, stripped that aluminum. All that in the August heat in an hour or two. He said anybody who worked that hard for that little he would hire on the spot, but if they were so stupid they thousands of dollars of paint and took only $50 of aluminum they were too stupid to hire no matter how hard they worked!

From 1987 until 1991, My only daily drivers were B body Mopars.

I ALWAYS left the windows down and doors unlocked (unless it was raining), because NOTHING inside the cars was worth more than a window glass.

During that time I only had one item stolen, but had that same item (and the replacements) stolen five times.

The item- a home recorded cassette tape of Metallica's Kill Em All and Ride The Lightening.

The perps would rifle through and leave other cassettes, and not bother with an easily removable stereo or anything else in the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back