• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross reference for “Bahama Blue Metallic”

nmb0003

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Looking for help or advice on cross-referencing 1968 Dodge “bahama blue” to a modern paint chip code. I have the original Lucite & Ditzler numbers for both the low gloss and the flat suede hues used originally, but my local pint shop cannot cross them. Also I know Interior Specialities is selling pints of old lacquer at liquid gold prices.

I am looking for a very good match but don’t have to be perfect. Resto-mod car project and tons of other things are not OEM original...

I’d like an code that can be blended in a single stage like PPG Deltron. Lacquer is hard to shoot.

this is for the interior...mainly dash, steering column and a few other parts.

also any opinions on how close the OER rattle can of “M17 medium blue” is to Bahama Blue? It seems kinda close to me.

thank you for any advice and help!

Last edited:
My Road Runner was repainted one shade lighter than B5 blue before I bought it. I needed a can of paint to match but had no idea what it was. I took it to a local automotive paint supplier and they used some sort of camera that they placed on the hood and it gave them a mix code. It is a bit pricey, something like $45 for an aerosol can, but it is a perfect match.

I believe PPG has a lot of those old paint codes and formulas available. Some of those listings have been converted over to the newer water based paint types. Most counter guys will not be that bothered about helping you.
Even if they spray some on a card for you it is not the same as seeing it on a complete car.
If you are not to worried you can, if you have a sample get it computer matched as Ranger16 suggests which is only close from what I have seen. It will probably still need some tinting if the sample is faded etc.
The easiest and most sure way is to find a modern car with a blue you like and get the paint code from a new car.

Auto Transport Service
Back