• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRUISIN' THE COAST 2020 Mississippi Gulf Coast..Hurricane DELTA gone, IT'S ON! Saturday 10/10!

if you keep the biomed shop running and the customer happy i’ll let you slide with that hair

:thumbsup:

watermelon
Here's the origin of the Mohawk, and then the "color":
5 YEARS NO VACATION. NONE, including weekends almost without exception.
Work, community college full time non-stop, internship, endless "honey-do's"...
I graduated from college with honors, 2 year program. I stayed on a couple of months as a Dog Trainer at PETCO, where I worked about 30 hrs a week while in school, and I was still doing some audio/video, home theater, and low voltage wiring stuff, after I went to work full time for GE as a biomed tech (It was a soul killing experience) and that lasted 6 months, even though I was ready to leave at 4 months. I finally got to do what I wanted ever since I graduated, and that was go to work for the privately owned biomed company I had interned with. That soon became almost a non stop job, and rarely had a day off, weekends were just 2 out of 7 work days.
THEN...
I GOT MY ROADRUNNER!
:thumbsup: :bananadance: :bananaweed: :lowdown::moparsmiley: :)
About 6 months later, Cruisin the Coast, an event that I've gone to at least a day or two since it began, was coming up, and I was granted a reprieve from work.
THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY! I decided to go to Cruisin The Coast for the ENTIRE WEEK for the first time ever, bring the travel trailer to the Mississippi state park on the east end of the "route" of CtC, and the Roadrunner, of course.
Because my boss, the owner of the company, was a former Marine and VERY old school regarding appearance, and didn't like my long curly hair, I went to my haircutter on the way out of town and got a Mohawk. The reason? Because I knew that every morning when I looked in the mirror and saw that Mohawk, I'd KNOW I was on vacation!!
Well, that certainly worked, and the best part of that week was the first 3½ days (before my wife joined me) simply because I didn't have to answer to anyone, and WHATEVER I wanted to do was exactly what I did! The utter BLISS of getting up so close to "the action", go outside into the typically beautiful, clear, dry, cool morning air, look at my beautiful yellow Roadrunner, and know me and my ride were going out to just have FUN. Best time of my life, and by early afternoon that first day I WAS A TEENAGER AGAIN (in my mind). Not only did the Mohawk rush me into "vacation mode" every morning, but it was well received by the other "cruisers" because it's overall a week long party and celebration!!
Naturally I had to get the Mohawk completely cut off, to go back to work.
The next year, my hair was all grown back, and I already knew I'd get a Mohawk again, but I brought my 4 foot tall Roadrunner plush toy to the haircutter, and said "give me a Mohawk like last year but make it the color of the Roadrunner's head feathers". Well that became my "thing" and lots of people know me by my look, and it's FUN.
It all gets cut off Monday, and God willing, I'll repeat the process for many years to come!

Bio did the storm hit yet,was it a ghost town today at CC? Be safe and I hope all gos well with you and your family.
How’s the weather?
Thanks for asking, and I will thank again DeltaV and MANY others who, once again, have reached out with advice, suggestions, support, at the very least had an interest in Cruisin the Coast the event, my fan struggles, and especially concerns about the weather.
:thankyou: :luvplace:
Wind has been picking up throughout the day, especially this evening. Hurricane Delta already made landfall in Louisiana, close to where Laura hit.
FOR THE FIRST TIME we haven’t already been inundated by high tide or flood waters from what usually are days of winds blowing out of the southeast toward the northwest, which blows water into Lake Pontchartrain. As a matter of fact, the water hadn't gotten onto the road about 3 blocks away where a small bayou runs drainage. Now I am watching the water level very carefully, but the storm surge level forecast for the Lake is only 1-3 feet, and LOW tide coincides with the apex of the worst impact from Delta, which is making itself known right now, and over the next few hours, but by sunrise, it should be over, and the forecast is actually pretty good. I will set an alarm for 3AM or so, depending on the water level when I go to sleep, just in case I need to move anything.
Current satellite:
Screenshot_20201009-210028_WeatherBug.jpg

Current radar:
Screenshot_20201009-210116_WeatherBug.jpg

As long as there aren't any tornadoes, I'll be fine...
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, tomorrow may be worth taking the Roadrunner out one more time to the Coast, but there weren't too many cars still around today, so I don't know...

IT'S OFFICIAL!
Cruisin The Coast 2020 CONTINUES! :thumbsup:
:bananadance: :confederateflag::usflag::drinks:
Here's the official word from their Twitter account:
Screenshot_20201010-062016_Chrome.jpg

I may take the Roadrunner out for what is usually the BIGGEST DAY of CtC, I just won't have to get to Bay St. Louis before dawn to get a good show and shine parking spot (at least I don't think I will)..
I'll check local news this morning for a weather update.
If I go, I'll have more pictures to share.
ANYONE ELSE GOING TODAY? if so, where?
Current satellite and radar:
Screenshot_20201010-063602_WeatherBug.jpg
Screenshot_20201010-063509_WeatherBug.jpg

I HAD TO wash my car, it was so jacked up from being in a shop for 10 weeks or more, shop funk everywhere, brief rain Thursday made for an unbearable coating of ROAD and SHOP FUNK, so I used my favorite car wash (when I have to use water) Rain X Spot Free car wash.
RX_620034-Spot-Free-CW-48oz_100-605x1024.png

No time for my 3x filtered plus Reverse Osmosis rinse water I make, just wash and dry.
Heading out to Bay St. Louis for the last (and maybe BEST) day at Cruisin the Coast 2020! Bringing some Maguire's FINAL INSPECTION and some other detailing stuff, if I get motivated.
Still need to get the grease out of my yellow seats...Some people, I just don't get how they either don't care or are oblivious to getting grease and funk all over an OBVIOUSLY well cared for car.
Put on a new valve cover breather, nicer than the one that came w/the valve covers but a perfect match.
20201010_115205.jpg
20201010_115215.jpg

Before these Mopar Performance breathers came out, I couldn't find a matching "M" replacement, and I had a leak at the PCV valve grommet, so the old breather's foam insert got saturated with oil, and I don't know how to get the oil out, and the breather is sealed.
Anyway, pictures coming soon!
:thumbsup: :bananadance: :confederateflag: :usflag:

This is the entrance road, along the waterfront, for REGISTERED vehicles at Cruisin the Coast Bay St Louis venue.

Lots of places to go, eat, drink, hang out...
It's a GREAT TIME for all!!
20201010_145033.jpg
20201010_145047.jpg
South Mississippi, classic car owners.
20201010_145901.jpg
20201010_151332.jpg

20201010_151855.jpg

This Roadrunner sounds healthy..Video to follow.
20201010_153156.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great time, glad the weather turned out perfect for all of you. I’d like to attend that show before I’m dead.

I’d like to attend that show before I’m dead.
You could have someone bring you after you're dead, but I think you will enjoy it more alive...
For ANYONE who wants to or thinks they want to experience Cruisin the Coast:
IF you can make it for the ENTIRE WEEK that is the best way in my opinion. One thing that I missed out on this year and 2 years ago was not being able to immerse myself in the experience "of being" at CtC. For me, the greatest benefit of "immersion" is every day and night, only having to think about what venue(s) to go to, or not even having to think or plan, just GO cruising in my Roadrunner and have the freedom to do ANYTHING that may come to mind...
It takes a little time for that to happen for me, but great friends and acquaintances really help, but responsibilities of having to still get the cars ready, yeah, that is bad ju-ju.
IF you can't make the whole week, try to make the last few days, like Wednesday (night drag racing at Gulfport Dragway) but DEFINITELY be there on the Saturday at the end of the week, and BAY ST. LOUIS is where it's happening for me. SO MANY places to eat, drink, "browse" (especially for the females) and if you want to add a taste of New Orleans in any manner (restaurants etc) Bay St Louis is on the western most end of the event, closest to New Orleans, but if N.O.LA. is not "your thing" at all (I'm over it, Iived there) well I promise there's NO influence of the big city on Bay St Louis.
On the opposite end, farthest east of the venues is Ocean Springs. Old, big oak trees, shops, kinda an "old" small city and quaint, BUT if you want to park your car, especially a classic muscle car IN THE VENUE, well, get there BEFORE DAWN. Bay St. Louis isn't quite as demanding in having to get there while the chickens are sleeping, but on Saturday, ANY venue you expect to park IN, on "the main route" requires some early morning commitment. Some venues, like Pass Christian, have more in and out flow, so you may get lucky and find a spot.
Whatever you do, get a list of the various activities at each venue each day and night, and try to PLAN for what you really want to do, and then let the rest of your time just be what it will be. Some of the most fun I've had was just cruising along Beach Road to the comments, cheers, and applause of the crowds that line the parking bays all along the route along the beach.
GET A PLACE TO STAY months ahead of time, and if you want to pull up some chairs, tailgate, ice chest, easy up for sun protection, well many of the hotels along the route have space for that.
Here's to hoping ALL of you who want to make it to Cruisin The Coast do make it, it's AWESOME, and for anyone who loves the whole "classic car and cruising" thing but thinks they can't make it or that it's "just another car show" check out the videos on YouTube and my pictures and videos and realize that Cruisin the Coast, especially with YOUR classic muscle car, is a MUST!
Thanks again for the support and kind comments. More pix and videos to follow.

How awesome would it be to have a 1970 Gen 2 HEMI 'Cuda convertible 5 speed manual to cruise around Cruisin the Coast?
THIS GUY KNOWS, and I see his tribute car here every year!

Bad.Freakin.***!
I'm probaby a little biased but your '70 is one of the coolest rides there.
Looks like great weather now, great cars....and a great event hair-do!
Thanks for the vids too Bio!

Some more pictures:
"Bay Rat"(Rod) It's self propelled!
20201010_181849.jpg

20201010_181901.jpg

20201010_172019.jpg
20201010_172153.jpg

Read the license plate!
20201010_171212.jpg
20201010_171305.jpg
20201010_171311.jpg

I talked with the owner of this 71 Charger R/T. I have posted pix of it before. 5 pounds boost, pump gas, 1,000 horsepower! FOR SALE
20201010_153837.jpg

Here's a better picture of the trunk deck.
I LIKE IT!
20201010_230534.jpg

Here's a few Mopars and non-Mopar cars, plus a "venue visual perspective" picture or two.
20201010_142611.jpg
20201010_150703.jpg

Really nice Gen 3 Hemi Barracuda S
20201010_155151.jpg
20201010_155157.jpg
20201010_155212.jpg

There is an amazing, delicious "popsickle" type shop on Main Street, "Pop Art" and that's pretty much all they sell, and in retrospect, I should have taken some pictures of the VAST array of flavors they have. They "hit the spot" on a day like today, and my first one was chocolate+banana+peanut butter...
I did take a picture of the "dog art"...
20201010_155604.jpg

All natural limited list ingredients and, well, like I said, that was my first one...
Here's me and the 2 brothers I've posted about before. Friends and fellow car club members, THEY and their 70 Roadrunners have a LOT to do with my decision to NOT go with the "like new, bone stock, factory correct" look for my Roadrunner, because theirs are so nice.
Neither brought their pristine cars out because...well, I'm not really sure but it has something to do with degrading the value. (if only in their minds)
I'll take another check mark on my "my car is more fun than yours, stock as new may not be for everyone.
20201010_174752.jpg
20201010_154727.jpg

Here's a Rat Rod truck that sounds good. There were so many vehicles I could have taken pictures of, but I was limited in time and I was prioritizing looking at the cars I was interested in.

A couple of more pix. I am happily in synch with the vast majority of participants in Cruisin the Coast regarding social and political outlook..
20201010_173152.jpg
This Coronet really makes the rounds at car shows and related events. The owner's advanced age gives me encouragement that I too may be able to enjoy my car for years to come.
20201010_180621.jpg
20201010_180640.jpg

Here's a panoramic picture of part of the venue. The file was too big to load, so this is just a screenshot of the picture.
Screenshot_20201011-100630_Gallery.jpg

I met Scottie D a few years ago at CtC after I watched his videos one year. He did a feature video on my Roadrunner!
After he skipped the last 2 years, he's back. Here's his CtC videos. Give them a thumbs up to help out a great guy.
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back