• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Currently looking into this '67 Coronet

Drache

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
It's not a real R/T but supposedly has no rust, brand new exhaust, decent interior, 440, runs and drives, and needs a paint job... all for $15,000 CDN ($11,000 USD)

cLP3VcE.jpg

zBg8CFV.jpg

BPcYBrH.jpg

vvlUdfR.jpg

cUgHWHo.jpg

pmixf8N.jpg

Welcome. Looks like a nice car. "No rust". Ok.... have you laid eyes on the car, and the undercarriage ? Please do so before assuming a supposed condition.

I seen that listed today. It looks like a pretty good foundation to me. 440 is already in it. interior decent etc.

Last edited:
Wiring under the hood is very questionable. Extra glass on the back seat? Heater core not hooked up.

The biggest potential expenditure of a car is the body and inner structure repairs/replacement etc. IF that car is as advertised, snap it up. The bolt on stuff is a piece of cake compared to body/structure.

Look under that trim over the rear wheels.

A- that area can rust on these 66/67 cars

B- that area is real hard to fix and have look right

C- that trim traps dirt and leaves...which promotes rust

with any luck, those R/T emblems are modified and stuck on with double sided tape

These days I wouldn't paint it. Clean, fiddle and drive.

if its in fact rust free, IMO thats a heckuva buy
if it were closer I would already be in route to bring it home

Real R/T for sale in Alberta with 4spd and dana 60 for $12K. A tad rough, but has all the goodies for a handy someone.
That baby is a little tough underneath. Buy them both and make R/T clone. Dana 60 and 18 spline A833 worth about $5000.00 combined. Various R/T only pieces like 150 m.p.h. speedo centre grill piece, etc., about another $1000.00. Another 440 and correct rad, plus spare set of glass, console, bell housing, pedals. What is a correct VIN, build plate, and transferable ownership worth? Bargain the guy down to $10,000 on the crusty R/T, and it kind of makes sense for "rebodying" an R/T with the more solid one. Then you are into a solid 1967 Coronet R/T project for $25,000 Can. I have seen a lot worse cars on here for more. Not 100% on the up & up, but I am sure it happens a lot. I have an "R/T in a bag" here from a parts car, that I do not know what to do with.

Looks nice so far. Did you look around under the car? Take a small screwdriver or an awl and poke around the usual rust out areas too.

What province is it in. That will tell more about the rust. Has it been stored long? I think I would polish and drive it. What was it parked on?

In BC, about eight hours away. Parked in a garage with a concrete floor. He drove it all last summer

Be careful jamming a screwdriver in someone else's quarter panel , you don't want a kick square in the ***.

Auto Transport Service
Back