• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D-O-D-G-E Dealership letters- very cool

rlsbee

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Not mine but I thought someone might be interested.
Saw these on Craigslist (South Jersey) and these were too cool. Had to post this:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/atq/3410241941.html
3Eb3Gb3F85Nd5T05Hecbe8a79748e9dda17c4.jpg

Those are pretty kool! I wonder how much you'd have to invest to get them operating. I have the perfect wall for those in my shop but I would be more comfortable at around 5 or 600 bucks.

That would be super cool especially if you could get them working right again..

He has sold those at $200 each letter. Well...dodge= 5 letters and he wants $1200. because it spells dodge? Good luck at that price. Would cost a small fortune to put new neon tubes on them. American picker

WOW!!! if he was selling Plymouth letters, he'd want like 2g's +!!! lol

He has sold those at $200 each letter. Well...dodge= 5 letters and he wants $1200. because it spells dodge? Good luck at that price. Would cost a small fortune to put new neon tubes on them. American picker

I thought that was his way of saying he'd take 1K.

No real need for original style glass neon tubes. You can get electroluminescent glowing wire in any colour you want for less than $1 per foot on ebay...

But I'm sure that anybody who wanted such a display in their garage could make it themselves for far less than $200 per letter.

Here's how you buy them. Go to his place and have this conversation:

"Hi. How much you asking for the letters? I really, really, want them for my garage and I can't find them anywhere else. You've got like the only set there is!"
"Well, I'm asking $200 a letter, so that'll be $1,000 for the set."
"Wow, that's a bit more than I was expecting. I only brought $400 with me, but you're asking a fair price. Okay, well I only have room in the car to take two of them anyway, so here's $400 and I'll run two of the letters home and stop by the bank on the way back."

You give the guy the money, and grab the O and the D, load them in your car and go home. He'll be thinking there really is a sucker born every minute as he counts his money and waits for you to come back, and he knows you will because you just had to have them. Wait an hour and then call him up and say you had a chance to think it over on the way home, and you really don't want to spend another $600, so you'll just keep what you have and we'll call it a day." He'll insist you bring the O and the D back because no one is going to buy D G E because they can't spell anything with them, and you say "I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. Tell you what, think about how much you really want for those other three letters, and give me a call back." Once he gets down to $200 for the other three, come get them. :)

dime a dozen...prob get one now, and they pay you for it!!! LOL

Too funny!
LOL

- - - Updated - - -

"Hi. How much you asking for the letters? I really, really, want them for my garage and I can't find them anywhere else. You've got like the only set there is!"
"Wow, that's a bit more than I was expecting. I only brought $400 with me, but you're asking a fair price. Okay, well I only have room in the car to take two of them anyway, so here's $400 and I'll run two of the letters home and stop by the bank on the way back."

You give the guy the money, and grab the O and the D, load them in your car and go home. He'll be thinking there really is a sucker born every minute as he counts his money and waits for you to come back, and he knows you will because you just had to have them. Wait an hour and then call him up and say you had a chance to think it over on the way home, and you really don't want to spend another $600, so you'll just keep what you have and we'll call it a day." He'll insist you bring the O and the D back because no one is going to buy D G E because they can't spell anything with them, and you say "I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. Tell you what, think about how much you really want for those other three letters, and give me a call back." Once he gets down to $200 for the other three, come get them. :)
AWESOME!!!
LOL

:headbang:

:sSig_lol3: :headbang: Sounds like a plan.

Auto Transport Service
Back