• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Installation

View attachment 1286087 Here's a picture just a few feet out.
Looks like too much separation in the rear, maybe unloading the tires.

I have the front spring mount in the lower hole, perhaps I should move it up?
Sorry for the late reply. You need to clamp the rear half of the springs. This was a common problem in '70's. I moved my clamps to a couple places to get the springs under control. I also built my leaf spring package work for my car. The leaf springs and shock combination need to work together.

I didn't even notice the multileafs..

Never seen that work out well in the end. Everyone ends up getting the monoleafs

I think next off season I will move the springs in to the longitudinals, and get the mono leafs then.
Seams like the short front segment is an issue as we'll.

I didn't even notice the multileafs..

Never seen that work out well in the end. Everyone ends up getting the monoleafs
Not everyone.
OOPs, guess I forgot he has CalTracs. But those rear segments on the multi leaf need to have clamps in some location.

Last edited:
I have ViKings DA shocks out back to, I wonders how they came up with silver knobs with white print on..... Near invisible :realcrazy::realcrazy:

Made some progress Sunday.
New shocks are on, adjusted per Viking instructions.
1st 2 runs turned left so bad I aborted second run.
Put 1.5 turns preload on left Caltrac, 0 on right. That seemed to straighten it out.
Still pounding the tires, so I ended up cranking up R and C of shocked to 650 hp level. That got me to where I can get off the line better.
Only problem is now it steers like the front tires are off the ground all the way down the track, and I know they aren't.
Kinda spooky.

Only problem is now it steers like the front tires are off the ground all the way down the track, and I know they aren't.
Kinda spooky.
Yeah, when I had the 2 way front Vikings installed, I had to adjust them because it felt "weird" on the street, like pogo sticks instead of front tires.

The combination of all the settings make a difference. The Cal Trac adjustment combined with the rear shock and how that matches with the front shocks takes some work.

I'm still waiting on the front shocks.
It's really frustrating to have to wait on parts like this. I know everyone is going through it though.

More progress yesterday.
I installed a new steering box and rebuilt the column, so now I can steer the car.
Backed off the preload I had on the Caltracs, set them to .03 gap left and .06 gap right.
2 more clicks tighter on rebound on rear shocks.
Then dropped my starting line rpm from 4500 to 4000.
Added a couple ccw turns to the clutch tamer and now it's finally starting to soften the clutch hit.
The car is launching straighter, and more controllable.
60' times are getting more consistent:
Still waiting on front shocks. Now Summit said Strange pushed the delivery out to 7/28!?!

Added a couple ccw turns to the clutch tamer and now it's finally starting to soften the clutch hit.
Great product, I am excited to be getting closer to making the time to play with my HitMaster launch control.

Block out a lot of time.
My problem is the car only comes close to hooking on the starting line at the track.
Tough to get a lot of time there.

Block out a lot of time.
My problem is the car only comes close to hooking on the starting line at the track.
Tough to get a lot of time there
Thanks. I have 2 drag strips within about 90 minutes from my home and both have Wednesday night "Test and Tune". Depending on turnout, there have been nights that I have gone round and round and round, making a dozen runs in less than 2 hours.
I can see doing a lot of ⅛ mile "half races" (LOL) getting the HitMaster dialed in, but by going an eighth mile, I can calculate the 1320 numbers.

Auto Transport Service
Back