• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Sure Grip slipping

Good subject M79ded.

I have a 71 Gtx with the D60 axle too.

Herein lies the problem, it too is a track-lock and has been OK in my street car.
But I will going to the track with approx 500hp and I’ve been told it “ain’t up to it, not over 400hp”...(by Dr.Diff doh)...

So as far as I am aware the track-loc is not rebuildable???
That means a new power—lock will be needed from Dr Diff lol...:drama:
I don't entirely agree on that statement about 400hp, either that or I been very lucky, my Magnum with a 451 TF240, making 610 hp 625tq in a big 79 Magnum runs consistently in the 11:60 118mph, ran it many times but only of late has it gave me issues

I was just about going to recommend pulling the cover so you could verify what you actually have...... (600 hp, I would think you have the good one, after all this time) ...
but I see Jerry Hall covered that in post #3. Doh!

I met Jerry Hall at a Rolling Stones concert in 1985!

Never mentioned anything about owning a Superbird...:rofl:

Sounds like one very trick Mopar there M79!

I bet with a POWER-LOCK you will run quicker?
Think you need 'more gear', top end speed is a bit low...

Last edited:
I was just about going to recommend pulling the cover so you could verify what you actually have...... (600 hp, I would think you have the good one, after all this time) ...
but I see Jerry Hall covered that in post #3. Doh!
Well I appreciate all the great suggestions thanks, Double suggesting is good

I met Jerry Hall at a Rolling Stones concert in 1995!

Never mentioned anything about owning a Superbird...:rofl:

Sounds like one very trick Mopar there M79!

I bet with a POWER-LOCK you will run quicker?
Think you need 'more gear', top end speed is a bit low...
Yes it would pick up 2/10th and 1-2 mph going with 4.10 but I do like the cruising drivability of the 3.54, I did buy a set of Motive 3.73 never got around to installing them and after thinking of it I'll forego the extra performance for the better drivability. I'll either put them up for sale or trade with someone for an equivalent in 3.54

The magical ten second mark is calling you lol!

4.10's with taller tyres and a huge weight saving exercise.

I got some 4.10's here I can swap with the 3.73's if that helps?

Might as well if you is fitting a power-lock...:fool:

@m79ded Anything new on this
@m79ded Anything new on this?
I replaced the fluid with Lucas 85w140 and it seemed to have done the trick. For regular street highway cruising it's fine and quiet. I have a 73 Duster that I'm concentrating on racing so the Magnum will just be for cruising now. I'm actually getting ready to put back the original 9.25 diff from the car. Thanks for the inquiry

Auto Transport Service
Back