• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash heater / AC control repair

Robliepse

Reaction score
has anyone found a good method to repair the plastic tabs on the heater control in the dash? One of the two tans is broken on mine and the other is close to it. I'm thinking a good replacement will difficult to find so there has to be a way to fabricate a new bracket fy.jpgheater2.jpgheats.jpg

Thanks snakeoil24, I sure wish i would have cane up with a cool screen name when I joined. Have you successfully repaired one of these with he Epoxy? I was thinking either epoxy or drilling small holes in the side and using small screws to secure some small metal brackets under the missing material.......and then maybe reinforcing it with epoxy. My concern is I might only get one shot so I have to get it right.

I think I repaired the tabs on my AC control

After some sheet metalAC1.jpgAC2.jpgAC3.jpgAC4.jpgAC2.jpgAC3.jpg fabrication and one band-aid on my finger I think I fixed it. Please keep in mind that I don't have a well equipped shop and I work in my small 2 car attached garage. The supports were made by cutting up my $8 Home Depot grout trowel that I used on a recent tile project at the the house.

Nice repair! I have had some success repairing plastic parts with the 2 part epoxy putty. I form the repair as close as possible and use the Dremel to shape it after it cures. The putty is very strong and is easier to work with than the liquid. On painted parts, you would be hard pressed to find the repaired area.

Back