• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash lights hooked up to radio on/off switch

rags

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of this ,i dont get why it would be done ,plud radio dont work,is there a reason before i rip things apart,,,its a 67 charger

After market radio/stereo or factory AM ?
If it is a after market you need to trace down the wiring and unhook it.
If it is the factory radio pull the fuse and see if the problem is still there.
After 50 plus years many of these cars have had some black tape and pocket knife electrical work.

That's pretty cool! In 67 they had a bulb radio, but 66 was electro. Look for 2 wires that don't belong together.
If the glove box liner is out you get a good view.

Sorry but in 67 the Charger radio was also EL. Unless someone put in a Coronet radio.

Sorry but in 67 the Charger radio was also EL. Unless someone put in a Coronet radio.
Thanks! Brainfart. Must have been thinking of the clock..
25 Chargers later and down to 9 67s in the family ... don't know where my head was at

Thanks! Brainfart. Must have been thinking of the clock..
25 Chargers later and down to 9 67s in the family ... don't know where my head was at
No problem. Actually a common thought since the clock was changed. I do know that there were Chargers with a bulb radio due to a Coronet radio 232 being installed at the dealership or someone added themselves.

Auto Transport Service
Back