• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona 3 ton jack

Not a Daytona but I'm pretty happy with this aluminum I got at Wally World at 1/2 price clearance some years back. They had two marked @ 35 bucks. Thought try one for that price. Should have gone back for the other.
I use it as a travel jack mainly, especially while trailering my "yacht".:steering:

1677420210293.png

Often thought of a new rapid pump jack, but I'm still using my Walker from around '80.............

1677370941592.png

They are nice a nice jack. Used a friends to put transmission in my pickup. Rolls better than my old craftsman ever did. But i will not buy anything made in china if i can avoid it Ive been shopping craigslist regularly for something older and USA.

I've had mine for a couple of years now and it works fine. I always use any jack in conjuction with jack stands

I have the green 3 ton Daytona jack at home in the farm shop.
My father uses it more than me but his favorite color is that green.

I just recently picked up a 4 ton torin big red jack to replace the 30 year old 2 ton

Bought the green to match the rest for my tools in the garage. My tools are red and green hohoho!! Lol

I have the HF low profile model that is so old it's only 2.5 ton.

IIRCI bought it around 2012 which makes it 11 years old.

I use it a lot, including today...and yesterday.

I have the same green daytona 3 ton low profile and been using for about 4 years with no issues. I had the pittsburgh 3 ton regular grey one before and gave it to my dad and hes still using it. That one is probably 9-10 years old.

I opted out for the Pittsburgh 3 ton. No complaints except for the small pad. Just remember it's Harbor Freight.
View attachment 1424285

Still had problems getting it under some of these low slung front wheel drive cars with the frame way back under there. Made a set of these from a few 2x8's. They really help.
View attachment 1424288
I made ramps that are almost exactly like those when my daughter bought a PT cruiser. They also work great on my Dakota's when I change oil.

I have a killer snap on jack from the 80s that finally bought the farm....... I plan to rebuild it some day soon as my harbor freight replacement has left me less than fulfilled
I bet you had only just finished paying it off too......bad luck that. :poke:

I have a Hein-Werner 2 1/2 ton that's going on 50 years old. I've over-worked it most of it's life, and it's still good as new.
The best in the business. I sold many HW Jack's instead of the MAC/China Jack's.

The sad fact is that any jack these days will have at best, a Chinese power unit made by Shinn Fu. They pretty much have owned the market for years. Even the jacks claiming to be made in USA will have a Shinn Fu power unit. Of course, there are various levels of quality from Shinn Fu from very good, which will last a long time, to just "okay" which might last a year. No doubt there are some real turds made in India or Pakistan out there one could buy for cheap as well.

I also have one of these Craftsman jacks that was the the first tool I ever purchased to work on cars.

I bought it in 1986 and it's still going although I rarely use it.
I keep it at the house vs the shop where my larger, low profile HF unit is.
I did use the hell out of it for a couple of decades, though.

1678024004499.jpeg

The last time I used it was to jack up the 440 in my truck by the front of the oil pan rail (with a length of 1x4 stock) to gain clearance to change out the steering gear.

Last edited:
Just bought a new jack the Daytona 3 ton low profile jack for when im working on on my runner to get it really high to make it easier to work under it and working on my daily driver. Anyone here have one and how do they like it?

View attachment 1424257
I got the long reach low profile and it is awesome. Plus I get another three inches in lift

Perfect to slide under the LCA on a lower than factory ride height car.

That was the main reason I bought mine.

Perfect to slide under the LCA on a lower than factory ride height car.

That was the main reason I bought mine
I bought mine to make removing oil pan and rear main seal a little easier

I originally bought an aluminum 3 ton low profile jack from Harbor Freight and it lasted maybe 7 months. I said I would never buy another jack from them. My neighbor, who has worked in auto repair shops his entire life along with his brothers, advised me to get the steel 3 ton low profile jack because he had great experiences with them. I did buy one and it has been a great jack for close to 10 years now. I liked it enough I went and bought another one just like your green one. I believe almost every 3 ton jack available is made in China these days including these Harbor Freight units. I have a Craftsman that is also made there.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back