• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona door vin and trie pressure decal

Stucat

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Was on another sight and came upon a conversation about Daytona driver's door vin and tire pressure decals. that some did and some didn't depending when they where built? Because all 70 Mopar's had a those decals per government regulations? Stated that some Dayton's had them , some didn't and some looked like they had been removed? Any thought's?

They were all to have them from the factory. Gubment rules. Trying to figure out by looking at the cars 54 years later could provide inconsequential results.

All Daytona‘s were built at the same plant. Hamtramck, MI. VIN code B

they said cars where built late June and early July also in 1970 early production year? So thats why some had the stickers and some didn't. Also had a pic of a sheet that Creative Industries had to fill out with car vin and what to do. stated to Remove those decals. As usual in that rush to production at Creative . Some did and some didn't. I will see if I can find and post that.

they said cars where built late June and early July also in 1970 early production year? So thats why some had the stickers and some didn't. Also had a pic of a sheet that Creative Industries had to fill out with car vin and what to do. stated to Remove those decals. As usual in that rush to production at Creative . Some did and some didn't. I will see if I can find and post that.
I’d have to dig out my records, but Daytona’s had 2 tire pressure labels. The first being the standard Charger R/T and the second being Daytona specific that was laid over the top of the R/T label.
Door VIN label? I’m sure it was random just like the EN2 vs END on the fender tag.
My Daytona shows no signs of ever having had a plastic VIN label on the door, it’s an earlier car-within the first 100.

Last edited:
So a charger 500 had a decal even though 69 didn't require it?

Just wondering was it the same vin just XX29---------?

What? The Daytona was a '69.. built in '69. Built before the '70 Superbirds that were built late Fall '69 onward. '69's didn't get door VIN's, why would the Daytona's? The Birds did...

That's what I thought, but some Daytona's did, they where the ones built late around the time the 70's Mopar's where in production. So Mother Mopar was afraid the FEDS would see them as 70's. That's what I read on another sight. Just like a lot of Superbirds didn't have the radiator support stamped with the VIN info. I read some where that some trunk lips where stamped either.Who know's why, is was the 70's and they where JUST ANOTHER CAR.

On the Bird radiator support vin, I guess they where to lazy to reach over the nose? Where the RR's all VIN stamped before they went to CI ?

There is a distinct date that the Daytona's started receiving the VIN label in the door frame. They are not on early cars, and No the 1969 Charger 500's do not have the VIN decal either. Too early for that.

Auto Transport Service
Back