• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dean Daughtry of Atlanta Rhythm Section won't be down.

Richard Davis

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
With his passing that marks the end of all the members from their heyday. I followed them since the early 70's since I lived in the South. Their first single was Doraville but Angle was the one that got my attention. Barry Bailey was the prototype Southern Rock guitarist and gained respect from guys like Ronnie Van Zant and Garry Rossington.

Press release - Dean RIP

What in the worlds come over us.

ARS, some real good tunes I had not listened to in quite awhile.
RIP Dean.

R.I.P.

RIP.
Trivia: Doraville, GA was known as the carpet capital of the world at one time
(there's still a lot of carpet manufacturing in the region today).

Rip
But I’m gonna have to go with Dalton, Ga.
You're absolutely correct. I stand corrected.
Oh, and I got plenty of those already...
red x club small.jpg

Rest In Peace!

R.I.P. Dean Daughtry
One of my favorite Southern Rock Bands, Atlanta Rythem Section

RIP Saw them in concert at a local county fair. We were in a livestock show barn and we sat in the second row of the bleachers. Probably 10 feet away. Enjoying thee Champagne Jam.

Damn!!! One of my favs. How many know this but they originally started out as the Classics Four and from Candymen. First song cut was Spooky which went on to become one of their staple tunes as ARS. I have every album digitized and saved plus still a few vinyl albums that I occasionally spin. Funny but as we were younger and making these tunes we never gave a thought to mortality. Yet when it hits, it just plains SUCKS!!! RIP and Rock On!!!cr8crshr/Bill:praying::praying::praying::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
"PLay it Dean" as he solo's on the keyboard!

I just saw this today... R.I.P. .......... ARS one of my favorites from the late 70's ... but, I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight.

Auto Transport Service
Back