• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dec. 7th Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Budnicks

Jackstand racer #1 & proud of it, Sir Posts A Lot
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
I would like to say thanks & RIP to the greatest generation, we are losing more of them all the time, many of those great leaders & great military men, for all they have sacrificed, given for our freedom, they had fought so hard for to protect, our great Country & Constitution & our liberties, that are so badly taken for granted today, under the current leadership, also our believes & our way of life... Remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice & served for our freedom, that's being eroded today, lets not let there sacrifices be in vane... Tomorrow is Dec. 7th "a day that will live in infamy", should be a very special day, we can never forget... For many, many reasons, here some WWII related stuff & a few photos of the Japanese attack... Share your photos & stories if you like... Lets try to keep them WWII or Pearl Harbor Specific, in remembrance, of our fallen hero's... I'm truly humbled, just looking or reading stories & seeing photos on many sites on the web about that sad day... Our current leaders could learn allot from them...

Attachments

• 40 Willys Jeep Flat Fender MB.gif
    40 Willys Jeep Flat Fender MB.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #1.jpg
    40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 41 Dodge WC55-56 M5 anti aircraft.jpg
    41 Dodge WC55-56 M5 anti aircraft.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 40's US Marines Iwo Jim.jpg
    40's US Marines Iwo Jim.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 41 Dodge WC51 Anti tank.jpg
    41 Dodge WC51 Anti tank.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial.jpg
    Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #7.jpg
    Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 225
  • Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #2.jpg
    Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #8.jpg
    Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #8.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 202
  • Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #5.jpg
    Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th 1941 Japanese attack #5.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 199
I stood at the memorial for the USS Arizona one day while a bunch of old Vets where doing a memorial mass, brought tears to my eyes.
Never forget those who paid the price for our freedom.

United states of america

there is noway that i will ever forget any of the wars an attacks on the U.S.A. all the men an women that served this great country. my dad was a marine in viet nam, my wifes grandfather was in ww2 and still kicking. he showed me pics the bomber that he flew. the pictures are awesome. i have the utmost respect for all these military men an women....GOD BLESS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!! :unitedstates::sFl_america2:

In 1985 I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon. My wife and I went to the Arizona memorial. It's hard to explain, but it was an amazing experience. Eerie in some wierd way. Considering that I am not American, and have no personal attatchment to any of the dead aboard the ship, there was a feeling I had that this was some place special. I never had that when I visited Arlington, Punchbowl or even some of the Canadian cemetaries.

I went to the Arizona memorial when I was in Hawaii on my honeymoon too. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of the soldiers resting below me and all the other brave Americans who died so we could live free. I have the utmost respect for all Americans who put on a uniform and serve. God bless you all and thank you for your service. :sFl_america2:

They are the greatest generation, indeed. My Dad was a corporal in the Army, his battalion went into Austria after D-Day. My father-in-law was in the Merchant Marines, one time ships in front & back of the ship he was on were both bombed, destroyed & sank; fortunately, air support repelled the attackers.

When I was in the Air Force back in the late 60s I was lucky enough to be stationed at Hickam AFB (what is now joint base Hickam-Pearl) for a while. I went to the Arizona Memorial many times either alone or usually with visitors from the mainland. I always got the same feeling of sadness for the men that died but also a feeling of great pride because of the sacrifice and heroism shown by the survivors of the attack. If you are looking for real heroes, the men and women that responded to this terrible attack are true heroes. Many of them were badly injured of died trying to save their fellow troops. Not too many of those survivors left after all these years. If you know one or just see one in the street, take the opportunity to thank them for their service.

I've been to Pearl Harbor quite a few times, 10+ I went to the NFL Pro Bowl, in Feb for like 12 years in a row, with a bunch of different people 1990's & early 2000's, I always went thru Pearl Harbor, especially when someone new came along, it brought tear to my eyes every time @ the USS Arizona Memorial, if it doesn't move you, then you must have ice flowing in your veins... I even saw many Asian/Orientals, that I assumed were Japanese descent people, weeping & rubbing there eyes too...

Flag is half/mast today. For the 7th, not the other reason. God Bless the USA.

words from Pearl Habor

I also been there a few times...God bless those men who gave alll....

[video=youtube;3YbQaKjl83c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YbQaKjl83c[/video]

My dad serve in "the big one". Had a great uncle on the USS Oklahoma when she went over.
They were truly the greatest generation of our time.

My dad told that he saw bombers come in for a landing that were so shot up that he had no idea how they were still flying let alone land in one piece and said many of them did crash when they did touch down. Once the wing load put downward pressure on the frame, it would buckle. The pilots really had to put them down as easy as possible and with some of the run ways that they used, easy landings were not in the play book. Man, I just can't imagine what they had to go through but I'm sure glad I never had to. Dad left the earth in 98......and I will always miss him.

My dad told that he saw bombers come in for a landing that were so shot up that he had no idea how they were still flying let alone land in one piece and said many of them did crash when they did touch down. Once the wing load put downward pressure on the frame, it would buckle. The pilots really had to put them down as easy as possible and with some of the run ways that they used, easy landings were not in the play book. Man, I just can't imagine what they had to go through but I'm sure glad I never had to. Dad left the earth in 98......and I will always miss him.

:iamwithstupid: like this below, amazing they lived & them planes stayed in the air with all that damage, American Made baby, all those who supported the war effort from the home land also, should get some much needed credit, Hail to Rosy The Riveter & all those who built the equipment/supplies to help our boys in the fight, was truly a time, when almost all Americans were True Patriots....

Attachments

• 40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #4.jpg
    40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #3.jpg
    40's B-17 Bomber All American Damaged in combat #3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 135
In 2015 it will be my 30th anniversary. My wife & I are planning to go back to Hawaii, and you can bet we'll go back to Pearl Harbor. And... I'm pretty sure I'll have a tear or two rolling down my cheeks standing on the memorial.

In 2015 it will be my 30th anniversary. My wife & I are planning to go back to Hawaii, and you can bet we'll go back to Pearl Harbor. And... I'm pretty sure I'll have a tear or two rolling down my cheeks standing on the memorial.

It would be really hard not to, get welled/teared up at-least...

GOD BLESS THEM ALL ......BOTH OF MY PARENTS SERVED IN THE ARMY IN WORLD WAR 11.....this day will never be forgotten:unitedstates::unitedstates::unitedstates:

My dad flew a PBY during this era. Rarely talked about it.

Something about actually going there that pictures and video just can't relay, glad I got to see it when I was in.

Auto Transport Service
Back